Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
i bought a 97 m3 and paid roughly the same price as an is300, and i'm not bitter =) i'm just having fun chillin' here =) i think the is looks a lot better when tis dropped a bit =)

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Originally posted by disintegration:
Let's call this website: I-made-a-mistake-and-bought-something-other-than-an-IS-and-am-bitter. COM

Dis--
Whoa! Webmaster is going to hook us up with an owner's forum. I like your enthusiasm for the IS - but man...just don't read the posts that have off-IS-topics in the subject line. Yikes, did you have a bad day or what?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
An owners forum ?? Believe me the Geoffs and Eriks will be follwing along anywhere you guys move to. I log onto here to find out info. related to the "IS300", and could care less about a BMW, CL, or some stupid bumper stickers. If I did care about those, I would have bought one and gone to the appropriate website. It's taking me longer and longer to find any worthwhile information every day that goes by.

·
8,107 Posts
This is a great website, and one of the main reasons is that we have intelligent and fun discussions of many topics that are interesting to enthusiasts. If it was limited to "availability of clear corners for the IS" like you suggest, it'd be another boring owner's forum. I can't speak for everyone, but I think this is a great site for enthusiasts, not just for IS owners or prospective buyers.

An owners forum ?? Believe me the Geoffs and Eriks will be follwing along anywhere you guys move to. I log onto here to find out info. related to the "IS300", and could care less about a BMW, CL, or some stupid bumper stickers. If I did care about those, I would have bought one and gone to the appropriate website. It's taking me longer and longer to find any worthwhile information every day that goes by.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I am enjoying this site very much. I like the addition of some outside comments from other then IS owners. I believe Eric and clam have been very good in here and I would welcome anyone.

I believe I am meeting some nice guys on this forum and really enjoy the conversation or should I say typersation

·
Registered
258 Posts
dis, I've been around and seen what the Internet has to offer for the car enthusiast. I'm active on ClubLexus and an Explorer BBS very similar to this one in design. Listen to me for a minute. You have to take the good with the bad. I've noticed that the majority of people that come on here advocating, or owning other makes or models are not belligerant by any means. Some are, and when they are I agree they need to be removed, but you can't remove someone JUST because they dont have an IS300. I don't have an IS300, but I'm enjoying reading and contributing here when I can. Should I be banned, seeing that I have done nothing wrong, just because I dont drive an IS300? I don't think thats very fair. Trust me, it gets a little boring sometimes when all you have is dry technical discussion. I think a little off topic barb livens things up a bit. Maybe y'all could open up a "General Discussion" forum, where people can post off topic threads? Thats what we do on the Explorer board. Works well. If I were you though I wouldn't alienate productive members just because they dont own IS300s.

------------------
Stephen Withrow
[email protected]

98 Lexus LS400
97 Ford Explorer Limited

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
then don't read the threads that don't fit what ur looking for. i know this is a difficult concept, but keep trying

·
Registered
258 Posts
droid, Not really. This is a General IS300 forum, I'm talking about a General EVERYTHING forum, for posts about anything.

------------------
Stephen Withrow
[email protected]

98 Lexus LS400
97 Ford Explorer Limited

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
cool, then we can start talking about the market again!

just kidding

by the way, how do you do all the facial expressions?
I just know how to
and

that's about it

·
Registered
3,221 Posts

I don't think IS300.net needs a "general anything" forum. If people want to talk
stock market, career advice, etc. they should go to another site.

This IS300 "General" forum is a great place for prospective buyers to talk about
different alternatives, and for people to come and debate the merits of their cars
with IS300 owners. I don't think the IS300 general forum should ever be restricted
to owners only.

The IS300 "Owners" forum that I want Tony to create would be so that people
who already have the car could "talk shop" with other owners and not have to
wade through all the "comparison shopping" and "my XYZ is better than your
IS300" postings.

As far as I am concerned, Tony could just create the forum, and moderators could
delete the off-topic postings.
Tony wants to do it right and find a way to keep non owners OUT. (Perhaps by
asking for a valid IS300 VIN to get in, or by needing to type a key word from the
owners manual or something like that). Hopefully he will decide soon how to
control it.

This "General IS300" forum would likely remain very active, but maybe 10% of the postings would move over to the owners forum.

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Originally posted by TEG:

I don't think IS300.net needs a "general anything" forum. If people want to talk
stock market, career advice, etc. they should go to another site.

This IS300 "General" forum is a great place for prospective buyers to talk about
different alternatives, and for people to come and debate the merits of their cars
with IS300 owners. I don't think the IS300 general forum should ever be restricted
to owners only.

The IS300 "Owners" forum that I want Tony to create would be so that people
who already have the car could "talk shop" with other owners and not have to
wade through all the "comparison shopping" and "my XYZ is better than your
IS300" postings.

As far as I am concerned, Tony could just create the forum, and moderators could
delete the off-topic postings.
Tony wants to do it right and find a way to keep non owners OUT. (Perhaps by
asking for a valid IS300 VIN to get in, or by needing to type a key word from the
owners manual or something like that). Hopefully he will decide soon how to
control it.

This "General IS300" forum would likely remain very active, but maybe 10% of the postings would move over to the owners forum.

I swear I've seen this post before...how come the other one didn't get no waving mister smiley?

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
It seemed that this topic deserved the same info that I posted in another topic.

But this topic was also going "smiley happy", so I decided to join the fun.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
12 Participants
TEG
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing