Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where do I start. It seems like it's behind a black panel when looking behind the bulb. Is there a DIY here that shows which screw I should start taking out in order to change the bulbs on both sides? Thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
You shouldn't have to remove any screws. There is a metal clip that holds the cover in place. You'll want to move the clip to the side then the cover will come off. You'll be able to see the wire that connects to your high beams. You'll want to twist the bulb counter clockwise to get the bulbs out. The passenger side is pretty easy to get to. But the driver side is a pretty tight fit. It helps if you remove the 10mm bolt that is holding the windshield washer filler neck. This way you can move it out of the way for more room.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^ Thanks, I'll give it a try.

·
Premium Member
10,782 Posts
Man that sucks to have problems. And having no DIY for it :(

Doesnt the warranty cover this kind of stuff? maybe get someone at the stealershit to show you how its done. Then you can take pics and do your own DIY write up.

Good luck. DO you have pics of your ISX50

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think mines have the clips too, but it's held down by two screws pretty tight so I think it has to be unscrewed first before I can even take it out =/

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Man that sucks to have problems. And having no DIY for it :(

Doesnt the warranty cover this kind of stuff? maybe get someone at the stealershit to show you how its done. Then you can take pics and do your own DIY write up.

Good luck. DO you have pics of your ISX50
Pics of my car or pics of what I'm talking about?

·
Registered
70 Posts
DO NOT REMOVE ANY SCREW from the headlights!!!

You do not want to remove any screw that holds the clips as it will be a pain in the a$$ to put them back.

The clips are very hard to release by hand because of the position you have to put your hand to open them, but you can solve this by using a small screwdriver or pliers to release each clip. I opened the passenger side with my hand, but the other one I use a screwdriver to apply pressure to release it as I couldn’t do it with my bare hand.

It is very tight to work, so be careful when taking out and putting in the bulbs so you don’t scratch them. Try to remember the position they go or look into the socket to see the correct position you have to put on the bulb so you don’t spend 10 minutes trying to get the bulb into the socket.

As Just_Looking said, you should remove the 10mm screw that holds the windshield washer fluid neck and pull it out of the way (just pull to take it off). It will give you more space to work on the driver side. Ti put it back is easy, just push it in until is tight, and then put the screw back.

And for those that haven’t look, the Owner Manual have instructions on how to replace the DRL/High Beam bulbs. In fact, they are pretty much the only ones that can be done by the owner, the rest you “must” take the car to the dealer (they wish).

I replaced the DRL/Highs and the Fogs with Silverstars Ultras and The Halogen Low beams with Xenon Depot HID kit all by myself. It is not that hard, you just need some tools and patience.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I don't think you'll have a lot of trouble with the passenger side... just flip that metal clip that holds the dust cover in and pull it out...

The driver's side is pretty tight...definitely remove the windshield washer fluid neck...
you get a little bit more room if you remove the dust cover for your driver's side low beams first too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts