Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am aware on how to set the dash 'optitron' dials so the LED ring glows orange at your desired speed and RPM, however I also am aware that this ring changes to red upon 'dangerous' conditions (ie. >200km/h &/or >6000RPM). Is it possible to set the ring to red at levels prescribed by yourself? For example, it would be very handy to have the dash glow orange at >60 km/h (urban speed limit) and red at >100 km/h (country speed limit). Does anyone know if this can be done?

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
The red ring lights up at 100 mph. I suppose that's because above that speed you're suppose to have higher tire pressures... Or is that when felony speeding starts? :lol:

That's in the US; not sure what the trigger speed is in Australia or elsewhere.

Anyway it cannot be changed.

·
Registered
276 Posts
The red ring lights up at 100 mph. I suppose that's because above that speed you're suppose to have higher tire pressures...
The speedo ring lights up at whatever speed you set; same with tach ring. I think the default is 80mph. You could crank it up to 100, down to 50, whatever. Has nothing to do with tires or safety.

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
The speedo ring lights up at whatever speed you set; same with tach ring. I think the default is 80mph. You could crank it up to 100, down to 50, whatever. Has nothing to do with tires or safety.
The orange ring lights up at whatever speed you set.

The red ring lights up at 100 and isn't user-changeable

·
Premium Member
7,315 Posts
The orange ring lights up at whatever speed you set.

The red ring lights up at 100 and isn't user-changeable

Yup the red rings are not user definable for speed or RPM's.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts