Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased my first IS (so excited). Need to replace/turn the rotors on it. I had done a complete brake job on my 95 honda and was curious if there were any similarities/differences before i got into this. From what the previous owner told me is that the rotors "float" and they are not attached to the hub in anyway and that the just sit/float on the lugs. Is this correct? Do i just simply take off the caliper assembly and pull the rotor off?

thanks!

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
take of caliper.
pull rotor off.
for the rears, make sure the e-brake is not set.

·
Premium Member
15,322 Posts
no diff. if ya really want to have a walk through just to be prepared, search for user hiroshima 's thread about brake servicing. i just replaced two broken studs yesterday and adjusted my parking brake while i was there.

·
Registered
38 Posts
just as a simple tip from a tech, make sure when you replace your rotors(or even if you decide to cut them), take a buffer wheel with a brillo type wheel and give the hub surface some buffing to get the fine rust that embeds there off to a smooth metal. This will prevent the rotors from seating themselves slightly off, which would cause at most a slight brake pulsation in the brake pedal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts