Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, since i've put it my 4 channel kicker amp my interior/exterior lights been flickering with the bass...hmmm

how about changing my battery? anyone out there knows what type of battery(doesnt tell me in the manual) DIEHARD GOLD (brand)?, but what type of DIE HARD GOLD? (since theres so many sizes...grr..

·
Registered
395 Posts
You need a good old fashioned capacitor. No battery will be able to supply all of the power your system needs exactly when it needs it.

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Originally posted by DYSFUNCTIONAL:
hmm so the best way is a capacitor?...dang those things are expensive...
Sometimes you just can't be chang and you gotta spend the cash. Or you could just let your lights flicker...that's free.

·
Registered
625 Posts
You need a capacitor. Size depending on how much power your throwing around. Also might want to look into a deep cycle battery like the Optima Yellow top (around $160). Hope that helps.

------------------
KP
94 6 speed
BPU

·
Registered
456 Posts
yeah Man get a one Farad stiffening cap. Streetwires, Monster, Lightening Cap. any of them will work fine. They will cure your problem. They are about 175 to 200 bucks

Joel

·
Registered
195 Posts
Originally posted by DYSFUNCTIONAL:
cycle battery? hmmm ok no clue of what that is..
A deep cycle battery is basically a battery that you can run to its very last piece of juice and it'll still recharge to full capacity...over and over and over again. A "normal" battery would not be able to recharge back to full capacity after being run down a few times. These types of batteries are used in boats because of their reliability. Feel enlightened?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
7 Participants
laughingboy
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing