Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have got my IS recently and am trying out all the cool options. One however has not be working as per the manual... the changing of the auto door lock and unlock functions. Basically I want to set it up so that all doors lock when I shit the gear out of P and unlock when I shift it into P. I tried the following steps (from the manual - Before driving section) but to no avail:

To switch between setting and canceling, follow the procedure below:
Close all the doors and switch the engine switch to IG-ON
mode. (Perform the step 2 within 10 seconds.)
Shift the shift lever to P or N, and press and hold the driver's door
lock switch ( or ) for 5 seconds.
The shift lever and switch positions corresponding to the desired function
to be set or canceled are shown as follows.
Has anyone tried this and been successful?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,

I have got my IS recently and am trying out all the cool options. One however has not be working as per the manual... the changing of the auto door lock and unlock functions. Basically I want to set it up so that all doors lock when I shit the gear out of P and unlock when I shift it into P. I tried the following steps (from the manual - Before driving section) but to no avail:

Has anyone tried this and been successful?
i saw another post saying that it had to be exactly 5 seconds.. it wouldn't work if it was more or less than that..

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had to overcome 2 separate issues to set the automatic door locking/unlocking feature on my IS. The first was alluded to by rickelchilango: you have to let go of the lock/unlock button after 5s (I was holding it down waiting for a response).

The second issue was canceling the default setting. To cancel, perform the same steps given in the user manual for setting the option. Canceling the default setting of locking when shifting out of P allowed me to set it to lock after reaching 12mph.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts