Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In order to be able to compete more effectively with the 2002 A4 and 3 series as well as the infiniti xvl...redesign the interior, need to be less corolla like, more worth a 35k car and also the front end needs to be more aggressive looking...as for the ride, suspension is way to stiff..could be the tires but bmw seems to have gotten it right with last E36 version...that is the car of choice in my mind 95-99 325/8 3 series...if Lexus wants a winner, and sell way more then 25k IS cars a year, then pull that puppy apart and rebuild with the Lexus quality...would be a homerun!!..Thoughts?..Comments??

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Hmmmm... well, I drove a new 3-series approx. two weeks ago and a new IS300 two days ago. IMO, I much preferred the IS300 to the new 3-series.

As far as the interior goes, I felt a bit cramped and almost claustrophobic, in a way in the new 3-series. I didn't care for the layout of the dash cluster, i.e., stereo, climate control, etc, etc. I spent a good 30-45 minutes with each car and felt a bit more "in tune" with the new IS300. Not necessarily with the driving aspect, but just while sitting in the vehicle, as well.

Scott.

·
Premium Member
8,107 Posts
Zoku,
I have a '95 325i and it's very driver-oriented, like sitting in an F-16 seat, with everything facing you, and very snug seats. I love that, but it definitely would feel claustrophobic to some. The new BMWs and IS300 have more open feeling interiors.
I also think in terms of driving dynamics and feel, the E36 BMW has it perfect. The IS300 is a little closer ideal to that than the new 330, and I would hate to see Lexus make the car LESS stiff. Rather than improve the interior and charge $35,000, I'd rather have them keep the interior and charge $30,000 (after discount).

Originally posted by Zoku:
Hmmmm... well, I drove a new 3-series approx. two weeks ago and a new IS300 two days ago. IMO, I much preferred the IS300 to the new 3-series.

As far as the interior goes, I felt a bit cramped and almost claustrophobic, in a way in the new 3-series. I didn't care for the layout of the dash cluster, i.e., stereo, climate control, etc, etc. I spent a good 30-45 minutes with each car and felt a bit more "in tune" with the new IS300. Not necessarily with the driving aspect, but just while sitting in the vehicle, as well.

Scott.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts