Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2008 IS250 (still awaiting delivery).

Anyhow, what changes were made to the 08 model year from 06, 07? Obviously if I can't even tell there weren't many, but I know there must have been a couple you guys know about.

Thanks for the help =)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2008 IS250. The only major differences are a coin holder to the left of the steering wheel, and the redesign of the backs of the front seats for more rear leg room. Early 2008's have cashmere carpet for cashmere interior, while later 2008's have black carpets. I have one of the few cars with cashmere carpet. :bigSmile:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a 2008 IS250. The only major differences are a coin holder to the left of the steering wheel, and the redesign of the backs of the front seats for more rear leg room. Early 2008's have cashmere carpet for cashmere interior, while later 2008's have black carpets. I have one of the few cars with cashmere carpet. :bigSmile:
Interesting. Are the seats themselves different, or just the foot wells (for more space)?

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
The backs of the front seats are different- kind of carving out a space for the legs of rear seat passengers. It really does make a difference.

Other changes not yet mentioned for 07->08:

Liquid graphite is the new finish on the wheels.

Tighter steering feel (in response to the foilks who said it didn't feel enough like a BMW)

·
Registered
18 Posts
"Tighter steering feel (in response to the foilks who said it didn't feel enough like a BMW)"

that ones a biggie, I drove a 07 before buying my 08, and it was a night and day difference, its not the lower speeds, the rate on low speeds is quite loose, its when you at higher speeds is it a substantially tighter feel

1 - 5 of 5 Posts