Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Changed my oil and switched to Mobil 1 :D. However the oil filter is in a very tight place. This morning I woke up and I have black and blues on my arm. I am possibly thinking of relocating the oil filter and also tying in an oil cooler at the same time. Anyone try this or can direct me with the right kit that fits our cars. So far I found this for our engines.

If anyone has one and has pics please post. Thanks your help is really appreciated.

Here is the link to what I have found so far.

http://www.titanmotorsports.com/gredoilfilre.html

Thanks.

·
8,880 Posts
:-? :-? :-?
It is not that bad on a manual.
On the Auto, the trick was to unbolt the trans fluid dipstick. 8)

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Trust me it is! it took me an hour and a half to do when in my previous car it was literary like 15mins.

·
8,880 Posts

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
AntzLexusIS said:
Trust me it is! it took me an hour and a half to do when in my previous car it was literary like 15mins.
<what the?>
REALLY, it isn't that bad, unless your arm is really frickin fat and the loose, fat skin gets caught up on your strut tower as you attempt to wedge the layers of sweaty fat down into the depths of your engine bay, in a fat, futile attempt to reach your oil filter, fatty.
</what the?>

<normal>
Any normal grown man should easily be able to reach the oil filter on a 5 speed IS. Attack from the top, just stick your arm down there, and unscrew the bitch. It's cake.
</normal>

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
doublins said:
AntzLexusIS said:
<what the?>
REALLY, it isn't that bad, unless your arm is really frickin fat and the loose, fat skin gets caught up on your strut tower as you attempt to wedge the layers of sweaty fat down into the depths of your engine bay, in a fat, futile attempt to reach your oil filter, fatty.
</what the?>

<normal>
Any normal grown man should easily be able to reach the oil filter on a 5 speed IS. Attack from the top, just stick your arm down there, and unscrew the bitch. It's cake.
</normal>
I have very skinny arms and it is not a problem getting to the filter. It is when it is removed getting to come out of the engine bay that is the problem. Not only that the engine is a little warm burning my skin. Becuase warm oil from an engine flows out of the pan better than cold oil. So burning skin and rash is taking place. Plus I have the grounding kit that makes it difficult to remove the filter even when moving the engine to wedge the filter out.

I just think it is ridiculous to take an 1 hour to change an oil filter alone. Big Pain!!!!!

Its funny because noone has given me any products that can work for our car or said anything about what I found.

·
8,880 Posts
AntzLexusIS said:
Plus I have the grounding kit that makes it difficult to remove the filter even when moving the engine to wedge the filter out.

I just think it is ridiculous to take an 1 hour to change an oil filter alone. Big Pain!!!!!

Its funny because noone has given me any products that can work for our car or said anything about what I found.
<joke>
Tools you need is 10mm wrench to remove gounding kit that gets in the way prior to replacing oil filter. Replace grounding kit when done using the same wrench.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
</joke>

·
Premium Member
52,610 Posts
That's why I pay Bill of Bill's Quick Oil Change $29 to do it. Besides, they check all the other stuff, fill up the windshield washer and air up the tires. He doesn't like the filter location either, but he gets paid to change it. BTW: That's the price for oil change with Castrol Synthetic Blend.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts