Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have the ML + Navigation system installed on my IS. My telephone (Nokia 6500 slide) is paired with that via bluetooth. The only irritating thing is that I can't seem to change the ringtone. When someone calls a cheap tone is heard over the speakers.

Does anyone know of a way to change this?

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Hi,

I have the ML + Navigation system installed on my IS. My telephone (Nokia 6500 slide) is paired with that via bluetooth. The only irritating thing is that I can't seem to change the ringtone. When someone calls a cheap tone is heard over the speakers.

Does anyone know of a way to change this?

thanks in advance.

thats kinda odd... because i have the same setup on my car and i get whatever ring tone i have on my phone.. i think it depends on the phone because when i used the blue tooth on my dads 07 camry it was just a annoying tone with my motorola pebel.. i have windows mobile phone now, and i get whatever my ring tone is...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, it is kinda weird, I tried setting different ringtones, because I initially figured that the reason might be because I had a video-ringtone set. However, no change.

Anyway, Maybe other people with the S40 Nokia have a solution?

·
Registered
7 Posts
blackberry all the way! i have the verizon bb 8830, and it seems to play the ringtone that i have on my phone.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Anyone here use an Iphone? I have an IS 350 and I hear the same ol cheap ringtone also.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So basically I should get a razor, blackberry or windows based phone? I heard the Sony Ericsson's also work great, apparently you can send your entire phonebook to the system in one go.

Maybe I can get my wife mad enough to take my 6500 slide :D I'd take it the N95 is also not an option?

·
Registered
45 Posts
You Are Correct I Have The I Phone Now And I Get The Boring Ringtone Now To

·
Registered
86 Posts
Well that's interesting, cause I have the Motorola Razor and the car simply makes what sounds like a standard ring sound. It doesn't bother me any, but a way to change it would be nice

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'd take it that by upgrading the navigation DVD, some software changes are also done?

The people that hear their own ringtone through the speakers, what software version do you have? And the others? Maybe that makes a difference?

Anyway, I am at a total loss for ideas, but replacing the mobile.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts