Lexus IS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand part of this notion has been beaten to death, but no clear answeres have emerged from everyone's warning against not using hoodpins on a CF hood. I would like to know, besides TRD, what hoods can be used SAFELY without getting pins? I saw one from Rolling Car Customs that had no pins but it might have been strictly for show and nothing over 60mph. Can somebody clue me in because I need a new hood soon, thanks. P.S.- I don't drive over 90

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey what's going on? My husband had a civic back in the day and i don't know if this would help but his first hood had pins only because it didn't sit right because of the intake he had. he got a second one and that one was fine with out pins. I'm about to get one on my IS and it's an app without pins so we'll see.

I'm interested to see this post go forward so I'll have answers as well.

Cheers!

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
TRD
ELIXER (saw them in japan w/o them drifting)

Anything really GRADE A and good quality

·
Registered
4,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dammit Jason I said BESIDES TRD! :) I love TRD, but enough to drop 1800 for a hood.....no.

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
im getting a used VIS one this weekend... the previous owner had it on their car for a year or 2 now w/o hood pins... im not installing it until i get hoodpins just to be safe... ive heard one to many stories about flying hoods... could be your life... but its up to you to make the risky choice

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
ISZach said:
Does anyone make a very inconspicuous hood pin?

There are some man not like too obvious have like a "cf" disk with locks

get some SPARCO ones, they slide and look a lot better than most

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
ISZach said:
I understand part of this notion has been beaten to death, but no clear answeres have emerged from everyone's warning against not using hoodpins on a CF hood. I would like to know, besides TRD, what hoods can be used SAFELY without getting pins? I saw one from Rolling Car Customs that had no pins but it might have been strictly for show and nothing over 60mph. Can somebody clue me in because I need a new hood soon, thanks. P.S.- I don't drive over 90
I'm in Italy right now and am paying 75 cents a minute to type online.

I'll reply to your thread and promptly lock it.

This idea has been beaten to death, and there are clear answers. Use hood pins.

What about 60mph? What makes that any safer than 40mph? I know hoods that have flown up at 40.

You should not get a CF hood without hood pins.
Your question is similar to asking " Can I turbo my car and keep lexus reliability?"

No. Plainly put. If you want a CF hood, get hood pins.
If you don't, I'm sure me and the rest of the is300 community wish you luck. I hope nothing bad happens to you, but you should probably do the smart thing and just get them. Otherwise, get a factory hood.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.