Lexus IS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

CF Hood

985 views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  SophieSleeps 
#1 ·
So what's the real deal with these CF Hoods???? I'm really interested in getting one, but everywhere I read on here sum peeps say you need hood pins or you don't. Do these damn things really fly off or lift up or something?? Anyone have the right answer?? HELP!

#4 ·
i dun think it is a necessity to get hood pins, but juz safer to have one.......i am looking for a cf hood too...any gd find so far?

#6 ·
I think I will be buying from Carbon Innovation on eBay for $4XX.....if wat they sell really is VIS, then it should be decent quality....I need it urgent
so i might buy it within this week... i will let u no if they ar any gd.....

#8 ·
that's their name i believe carbon_innovation is their acc name on eBay....and i am interested in its oem style one

#9 ·
answer this.

why risk a $300 hood plus ur windwhield being shattered, etc, other damages, when u can just get them and installed for like $20-$30? is it really that much more to ensure that u dont get glass in ur face?

its like..hey i dont wanan ge tmy gf pregnant but we do it without a condom. sure thre not a 100% chance, but its definitely not a risk worth taking...

-Aaron

#10 ·
btw...from their listing....it looks like the latch is just glued on.....so i would suggest hood pins....i might have them installed even tho i think they are rice

#11 ·
onyxaltezza said:
answer this.

why risk a $300 hood plus ur windwhield being shattered, etc, other damages, when u can just get them and installed for like $20-$30? is it really that much more to ensure that u dont get glass in ur face?

its like..hey i dont wanan ge tmy gf pregnant but we do it without a condom. sure thre not a 100% chance, but its definitely not a risk worth taking...

-Aaron
hey mang...u home? i called today remember?

#17 ·
yes it really happens....i have seen it happen at low speeds, just cruising around the block.............

no not all the time to every hood & not My hood...

Yes it is possible with almost any of them xcept perhaps the slick $1400 Plus Plus TRD & other VERY HIGH END Top of the line CF hoods...with well engineered & bolted in steel latch plates Etc...

if you are too 'frugal' to burn $1500 Plus on a top o' da line CF hood with a properly enginered latch.. but you will pop for a $500 hood that " Looks the same" you would be a FOOL to "trust" the thing to NEVER come undone, even by accident, sometime & cause you 5 times that amount in damages.. Much less the risk of bodily injury to you and others on the road should you lose control as well as your ability to see since you now have a beayutiful carbon fiber Windshield cover

think of pins as insurance to help save your ass should this happen on a freeway at 60-70 MPH & you lose sight of the road instantly.....

#18 ·
they will fly up.
doesn't matter the brand.
get hood pins

This thread is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.