Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,763 Posts
First of all, this should be moved to Inside and Out.

CF hoods offer a mix of benefits. While they look good, they also provide a singificant weight loss. I remember that some of the hoods that iON Performance was selling weighed around 8 pounds and look and fit awesome to boot. And yes, iON performance is still making hoods for the IS. They are the best looking CF hoods for our car I have seen to date.

Here is their website, which doesn't have much on it.

http://www.ionperformance.com/main.html

·
Registered
457 Posts
sup

no it dosent help...its only for look
you have to drop alot of wight to help your time...like 300pound or more

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
yea, i have the vis cf oem hood and its great.
but the weight difference from stock is only 20 lbs.
stock= 40lbs
vis cf oem hood= 20 lbs.

it looks great and i love mine. no fitment issues at all. no hood pins yet cuz no rattling of any kind. its been great. looks sharp too.

i agree that its mainly a look thing.
every little bit of weight loss helps, but 20lbs isnt too much.

you need to drop about 150-200 before you really even can feel a big difference...

just think about it.. 215hp to 3300lbs or 215hp to 3000lbs... hmm, which would you rather have? =)

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
dpatterson069 said:
stock= 40lbs
vis cf oem hood= 20 lbs.

it looks great and i love mine. no fitment issues at all. no hood pins yet cuz no rattling of any kind. its been great. looks sharp too.

you need to drop about 150-200 before you really even can feel a big difference...

just think about it.. 215hp to 3300lbs or 215hp to 3000lbs... hmm, which would you rather have? =)
but how come I've heard VIS CF hood always have fitment problems?? :-? bwt where did you get yours? how much was it? thanks. :)

·
Registered
9,498 Posts
Kev IS300 said:
dpatterson069 said:
stock= 40lbs
vis cf oem hood= 20 lbs.

but how come I've heard VIS CF hood always have fitment problems?? :-? bwt where did you get yours? how much was it? thanks. :)
it seems that the VIS hoods are a hit or miss type thing...some are great...some aren't, i think that if you had like 4 to choose from, you would be able to find a decent one in the bunch...

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
ltunedgirl said:
Kev IS300 said:
dpatterson069 said:
stock= 40lbs
vis cf oem hood= 20 lbs.

it seems that the VIS hoods are a hit or miss type thing...some are great...some aren't, i think that if you had like 4 to choose from, you would be able to find a decent one in the bunch...
ltuned girl is right on.. some hoods are great from VIS and some are not so great.. luckily, mine has been a blessing.. great fitment and no problems. =)

i got mine straight from a VIS hook up, so yea, i kinda had a few to choose from =)

btw, its for sale.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
It's always good to loose weight then to gain HP
If you loose weight you can gain better acceleration and braking... also better handling too coz the car would be easier to toss around and less stress on the tires... it's not only for looks... but if you want the ones that actually are good CF hoods... it will most likely cost more then 1k and usually weigh less then 10 pounds... those will give most performance gain Vs stock OEM hood...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts