Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
punk where did you get those I am about due for some new ones, when I get new rotors...........good to see you this week......lol........
I am stayin in town this week. I am going out to Katy to met up with a friend during the day.....call me

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Ceramic pads need adequate heat inorder to increase the friction between pad and rotor, the thermodynamics involved is much more geared towards hard driving styles or track days as compared to the mild mannered driver.Another good thing about these pads is that they will almost NEVER fade, just perfect for the track!I won't get into too much detail kponti coz you know your stuff:)

These will not grip in the mornings untill you get them heated up, i used to have the titan kais and were just to hard to use for DD, swapped em out for Bforce and just use these for track days;)

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
ceramics are toooooo dusty imo. the ceramics wont make a great difference in stopping. the stock pads are they way to go for sure. anything other than stock will create mucho dusto :) i heard, from a friend, the ebc greenstuff is light on dust but I never had experience with it. you should check that out if you want to try something different.

·
Premium Member
4,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great info guys. I suspected the ceramics will take a bit longer to heat up. Though I always suspected the stock pads were partially ceramic hence my curiousity about these.

K3RRY, ceramics being dusty??? Havent heard of that before. Raysbestos etc are very dusty, but ceramics?

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
kponti said:
Great info guys. I suspected the ceramics will take a bit longer to heat up. Though I always suspected the stock pads were partially ceramic hence my curiousity about these.

K3RRY, ceramics being dusty??? Havent heard of that before. Raysbestos etc are very dusty, but ceramics?

in my experience anything other than oem pads are more dusty. ceramic pads are known for creating less dust, but through my experience and other .netters experience that is not the case compared the the oem pad. ceramics require heat to be superior, and if you dont track, etc., ceramics arent really worth it. they might have a better feeling, "the inital bite," but i dont think you will notice a improved stopping distance. ceramics are also known to be louder. whining, screeching when they arent heated up and even if they are heated up they coudl create some noise. the oem pads are ceramic, but iam not sure if they are fully ceramic. if you track your car all the time ceramics would be worth considering because they are less prone to fading, but even so the stock pads arent terrible for tracking, etc.. i guess iam biased towards the stock pads, but they are awesome for all around use, and are especially hassle free ...quiet, smooth, doesnt fade easily, little dust.

·
Registered
11 Posts
if you are worried about dust the best way to stop that is cheap hair spray us it on my show truck and my IS300 and on my wifes 330ci bmw it is cheap and doesn't hurt your wheels oh and i use ceramic pads on my IS and i love them but I do autocross my IS and they work great

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
tfs32 said:
if you are worried about dust the best way to stop that is cheap hair spray us it on my show truck and my IS300 and on my wifes 330ci bmw it is cheap and doesn't hurt your wheels oh and i use ceramic pads on my IS and i love them but I do autocross my IS and they work great

I do not understand how you use the hairspray to combat the dust problem.

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
I have ceramics on mine and they dont give ogg hardly and dust at all, they break really well too once they get warmed up, and they last a long time verse stock pads, mine came with a 100k mile warranty :cool:

·
Registered
11 Posts
the hairspray doesn't let the dust bond to the wheel and the for no dust will stay on them(I was told this by a buddy that works for a wheel dealer in MO.)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts