Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok TPL folks, we're in the early stages of planning a fun cruise through the scenic central texas hill country. We'll need as much feedback from everyone who is interested so we can plan this properly. This invitation is also extended to other ISers in TX.

First off, how many of you are interested?

Other things to consider:

1. Early start time.
2. Route
3. Distance and Time
4. Pit stops (bbq restaurants)
5. Speed (we don't want to leave anyone behind - get tickets)
6. Distribute maps (in case someone gets left behind)

see map here

hwy 1431 and 2222 will have to be in our route. So post up your thoughts so we can get this rolling.

·
Registered
15,540 Posts
I love the roads up there... but they use laser, and my last ticket cost me 400 bucks up in Austin..

I'll let you guys have the fun...

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HoustonLex said:
I love the roads up there... but they use laser, and my last ticket cost me 400 bucks up in Austin..

We're going to try to avoid getting tickets. Now that I think of it, even if you just drive the speed limit, hwy 1431 is still pretty fun to drive. Besides, you don't want to speed on that road since there are too many blind curves.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Lets go down Volente? I loved doing that ride from 620 to the end. When will it be?

1. Early start time.
Thats cool with me since we loose day light earlier

2. Route
Volente or 2222

3. Distance and Time
Doesnt Matter as long as i dont run out of gas

One Word. Rudy's :D

Plus there wont be any accidents. Just a nice cruz would be cool.

Good Idea

·
Registered
15,540 Posts
ubiquitous said:
HoustonLex said:

We're going to try to avoid getting tickets. Now that I think of it, even if you just drive the speed limit, hwy 1431 is still pretty fun to drive. Besides, you don't want to speed on that road since there are too many blind curves.

I wish I had your self control. Once I get into the twisties, a totally different person takes over...

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Other things to consider:

1. Early start time.
I say about noon-ish?
2. Route
mopac to 2222 to Lime Creek Rd to 1431 to Marble Falls to 190 in Lampasas to just before Copperas Cove there is a road that heads back to 183 to 183 back to ATX.
3. Distance and Time
My above route is a pretty long drive. Im down for whatever as far as length and time
Wherever.. as long as we end it at bonedaddys & Baby A's! :D :p
Slower drivers to the rear for those of us that want to give the twisties a workout.
Excellent Idea. I say we also mark some check points on those maps for everyone to meet at incase some people fall behind or others want to go fast thru the turns... we can all meet at the pitstops and take off from there together again.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
good idea on those stopping points. some will definitely get left behind if they get stuck behind a traffic light or slow traffic.

ok i suppose we can start at d&b and head down mopac to 2222 then 620 north to volente then lime creek to 1431 to marble falls. from there it's still open i think....

as far as dates are concerned, well it's too early to tell. I'm thinking one of the 3 weekends of january. 17, 24, 31 (all saturdays).

keep posting suggestions.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
As for dates, I'm good for whenever. We should probably plan a backup date in case mother nature doesn't cooperate. Not many peeps are gonna want to cruise around in $#itty weather i dont think.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
hksredlex said:
well, as long as it is not january 10, im in. that is my birthday. :chill:
Nobody here gives a fuck.

j/k :p :wink: Happy early bday mang.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
No doubt... Ub may have hit the nail on the head with this idea. :eek:

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Once we set a final date and time, we should put some sort of sign-up sheet on the website to get an idea of the number of peeps going. Chris, can you do this?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.