Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever done center exhaust? Anyone have any opinions? I know a guy that owns a custom exhaust shop, but I wanted some suggestions/opinions from everyone here first. The bodywork is the least of my concerns... the spare tire well is what i'm worried about. Will I have to modify (no worries, i don't have a spare - I have a stereo instead... haha)

Has anyone ever done this? I searched, but couldn't find anything good. I've photoshopped it and I think it looks pretty good, but I wanted to check with "the experts".

Thanks all!

·
Monkey Style
1,885 Posts
It would look good depending on what type of exhaust tip(s) you had. I think if you went with something like the e46 M3 it might work. Even two big singles might work too.

I cannot comment on the mechanicals of it.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
If you did a dual smaller tipped center exhausts, you might be okay. If you did one single exhaust with the same size we have now, it would look bad. With two, it might be worse.

HOWEVER, a triple center exhaust in the form of a triangle might be something interesting...:p

·
Banned
1,309 Posts
People always reach new levels of stupidity.

I'm always amassed.

It can be done. It will require more bends in your exhaust. Not to mention you will have an empty cut out where the stock location is.

So if you want your car to look like fail, then go ahead. Be my guest.

To sum it up, your car will look, "retarted".

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
People always reach new levels of stupidity.

I'm always amassed.

It can be done. It will require more bends in your exhaust. Not to mention you will have an empty cut out where the stock location is.

So if you want your car to look like fail, then go ahead. Be my guest.

To sum it up, your car will look, "retarted".
I know people do...

a·mass Audio Help (ə-mās') Pronunciation Key
v. a·massed, a·mass·ing, a·mass·es

v. tr.

1. To gather for oneself, as for one's pleasure or profit: amassed a fortune. See Synonyms at gather.
2. To accumulate or assemble a large quantity of: "The astronomers had amassed compelling evidence that the galaxies indeed were speeding away from the earth and from each other" (George Johnson).

v. intr.
To come together; collect.
Always?

I was unaware that moving my exhaust from where it was, to anywhere else, would require more bends in the pipes. I had assumed I would use magic potion to bend the pipes and cover the whole in the bumper. Bummer.

It will look like fail? Please explain.

If it did, it would be retarded, not "retarted". You retard.

·
Banned
1,309 Posts
I know people do...

Always?

I was unaware that moving my exhaust from where it was, to anywhere else, would require more bends in the pipes. I had assumed I would use magic potion to bend the pipes and cover the whole in the bumper. Bummer.

It will look like fail? Please explain.

If it did, it would be retarded, not "retarted". You retard.
IMO it's gonna look retarted! Post your photo shop pic so people can see it and make a call.
That's where the, "retarted" came from. In case you didn't notice the quotes.

Don't get butt hurt for me telling you an opinion. It will look like shit because the car doesn't have the styling for it.

So you're willing to sacrifice performance; due to the extra bends, as well as styling just to be different or what?

I mean what the fuck do you do? Sit on the crapper and think, "What can I do that has never been done. Is there any way to make my car look like ass... Better yet, how do I combine the two! Dual center exit exhaust!!!"

You simply can't toss center exit exhaust on your car being as how you have the cut out on your bumper. But then again, you obviously couldn't care about styling so I don't see how that would stop you.

Why did you make this thread? I mean really? If you are set on it, don't fucking post asking for opinions. Shit will look like crap.

My opinion.

My contribution to this thread.

·
Premium Member
10,234 Posts
I am not going to lie, I have thought about specifically with a e46 M3 muffler. The only thing that stopped me from moving forward wit this was the high price of an aftermarket unit 1500+ USD. I could have just stuck with a OE M3 muffler but I will be turbo chargering so I didn't want a bottle necked exhaust.

·
Monkey Style
1,885 Posts
Here's a chop with e46 M3 dual center exhaust. I think it looks alright man...I don't know what all the hate is about.

Attachments

·
Registered
609 Posts
here's another M3 chop...great minds think alike!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
Here's a chop with e46 M3 dual center exhaust. I think it looks alright man...I don't know what all the hate is about.

I really like the looks of that, as long as it can be cleanly integrated into the bumper it should look good. I like the symmetry of dual (or side by side like that) exhausts.

Reactions: coolmonk

·
Monkey Style
1,885 Posts
I really like the looks of that, as long as it can be cleanly integrated into the bumper it should look good. I like the symmetry of dual (or side by side like that) exhausts.
ya that deff looks good.. it would just have to be done right other wise it would look like shit
I agree fellas. I think it can look real good if done right. Obviously you'd have to get a matching diffuser based on the rest of the car's theme.

Here's a chop with my car! :lol:

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
very interesting...

ive been a dual exhaust fan, but this is def something different.

here's my setup fyi:

Reactions: vroomRollLEX

·
Domestic Reaper
3,025 Posts
Man that exhaust looks like shit.
:lol: :lol:

that doesn't look bad at all but then again im a sucker for dual exhausts sometimes. I would never do it to my car but he didn't explain himself very good. I thought he meant a signle exhaust dead center of the car almost like a pooper hole as some of the older BMW's came with.

The m3 i wouldn't consider a center exhaust cause its dual and spaced out more towards the outside. Oh well.

·
Registered
532 Posts
wow that looks good.... im going to have to look into that.

Reactions: zelakil
1 - 20 of 89 Posts