Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300
242 Posts
No major difference between the two honestly other than the type of knob used for the infotainment. The bottom one is the updated version iirc. I prefer it over the older rotors knob.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am now a new member of the 3IS club. Just bought a beautiful 2014 with 61,000 miles. It was a corp program car for 50,000 miles all service done at lexus for those miles. The last year had a new owner and put on 10,000 miles. It looks like it rolled off the assembly floor. I couldnt be happier. My console looks like the top picture and I do prefer that look. In fact that picture is from my car. My iphone fits perfectly in the recess. No navi either.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Congrats! I had a loaner NX something or other when I had my first free service a couple months ago and I quickly learned how clunky and non-intuative the mouse/nav setup up is. At least for a non-regular user. I'm sure you get used to it, but my experience was the same as Doug DeMuro's in his recent review of the GS-F. I'm much happier with the knob, despite it's cheap plastic feel. I'll use my phone for nav and never need to update it. It would have been even better if they had compatibility with Android Auto and CarPlay, but it was only 2019....

What color did you get?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts