Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
9,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember that one guy on here put the Lexus logo between his rear center brake light and his windshield so that when he stepped on the brakes, it lit up "Lexus." Does anyone have the pic or any information on how to do this?

Thanks,

Chris

·
Registered
548 Posts
find a small company that can make the window sticker logos.... like the kind that make them for soccer moms to display their sons name and position. Use the part thats left over when you peal off the sticker. They can make it for you for a few bucks.

My friend has one that says U 2 SLOW on her brake light.
her car went 11.8 at 118 on street tires, so I guess she can say that :lol:

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
im pretty sure it was done by putting the LEXUS decal/ sticker on the brake light. then painting over the whole 3rd brake light. then removing the sticker.
to access the 3rd brake light you have to remove the whole rear deck (speakers and all)
i guess for more specifics you can try and search.

i remember reading that its really hard to make it only light up LEXUS... the whole 3rd brake light lights up and the black becomes a sh1tty brown. kind of like that pic. its pretty dope tho.

·
Registered
25,542 Posts
Lex_Dymndz said:
...to access the 3rd brake light you have to remove the whole rear deck (speakers and all)
do0d, it would take 2 minutes to complete this if you really wanted to ... you can pop out the 3rd brake light in like 30 seconds. I do it everytime I clean my rear windshield. :wink:

·
Registered
9,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
-=::InvalidSession::=- said:
Lex_Dymndz said:
...to access the 3rd brake light you have to remove the whole rear deck (speakers and all)
do0d, it would take 2 minutes to complete this if you really wanted to ... you can pop out the 3rd brake light in like 30 seconds. I do it everytime I clean my rear windshield. :wink:
How do i go about taking out the rear brake light? All I need to do is get to the lens so I can take it out and paint it. My dad is a modeler and he has an airbrush and all sorts of paint.

·
Registered
25,542 Posts
T Man said:
How do i go about taking out the rear brake light? All I need to do is get to the lens so I can take it out and paint it. My dad is a modeler and he has an airbrush and all sorts of paint.
The black cover thing which is visable from inside the car has 4 tabs holding it in. 2 near the glass and 2 near the seats. Gently wiggle it and pull back towards the seats while lifting up and it will come right out.

Let me know how it goes and post pics once this mod is complete. 8)

·
Registered
9,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
-=::InvalidSession::=- said:
T Man said:
The black cover thing which is visable from inside the car has 4 tabs holding it in. 2 near the glass and 2 near the seats. Gently wiggle it and pull back towards the seats while lifting up and it will come right out.

Let me know how it goes and post pics once this mod is complete. 8)
So basically, all I have to do is pull back and up and it will slide right out? How do I get it back in? Does it just slide back in the opposite way it came out?

·
Registered
9,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
57 Posts
How do you pull back and up at the same time?(not working with just hands)?Nothing really to hold on too for lifting up,I cant find any kind of clips on the rear deck tray and this thing is in there good..need a screw driver??
Thanks
Rich

1 - 20 of 42 Posts