Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I let my girlfriend drive my car for an hour big mistake. She brought it back and the next time I drove it the CEL was on and the motor sounded louder than normal (only mod is k and n intake and borla catback). It was running very sluggish and felt like it was misfiring. I took it to my mechanic the next day and the code thrown was Catalytic efficiency. But also we had the diagnostic still hooked up and test drove it and misfiring on cylinder 1 and i think another one cant remember which. But my question is can a bad catalytic convertor cause this misfire?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I always put premium gas in it the car has 110k is (2001) and i never use cheap gas or any additives. I dont know what code number the diagnostic i used read the problem on the screen and it said catalytic effieciency low and one catalytic converter was way hotter when we put a temp reader on it.

·
Registered
18,519 Posts
You probably have a clogged cat. Call your dealership, your emission system should have a 10 year warrenty up to 100k miles, sometimes even tho you are over they might replace it for you.
its actually 8 years/80,000 mile emissions warranty :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.