Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyway with out taking it to the dealer to check what the CEL light is for?

When I say stock, I mean its now stock.
I had safc2,toyomoto header/racepipe with the 02sim, injen intake.

I am not sure at all why I got this CEL and flashing trac....
My hypothesis is that its from the o2 sensor on the racepipe not being connected properly after being cut for the o2 sim.

Any help would be great.

PS
The car drives like normal. No lag. No limp mode.
Just the flashing Trac and Check engine light.

Thanks.

·
Not Officially Back
12,742 Posts
silver5spd said:
Is there anyway with out taking it to the dealer to check what the CEL light is for?

When I say stock, I mean its now stock.
I had safc2,toyomoto header/racepipe with the 02sim, injen intake.

I am not sure at all why I got this CEL and flashing trac....
My hypothesis is that its from the o2 sensor on the racepipe not being connected properly after being cut for the o2 sim.

Any help would be great.

PS
The car drives like normal. No lag. No limp mode.
Just the flashing Trac and Check engine light.

Thanks.
If you have recently demod'd, and during that process had to reconnect/solder wires, check all connections your made.

The most common cause of CEL's during demodification is connections which were not properly made, or have come apart/shorted out (your insulating tape came off and wires are crossed, they weren't soldered correctly in the first place, etc).

If you check this and can't find anything, you might take it by a pep boys or other auto parts store and see if they can scan it for you. Cheap ODBII scanners can be bought there as well for around $100, but the cheaper versions usually do not have all manufacturer specific codes... although they will report on the basic ODBI sensor list (most cats, O2 sensors, etc)

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dasgalloway said:
If you have recently demod'd, and during that process had to reconnect/solder wires, check all connections your made.

The most common cause of CEL's during demodification is connections which were not properly made, or have come apart/shorted out (your insulating tape came off and wires are crossed, they weren't soldered correctly in the first place, etc).

If you check this and can't find anything, you might take it by a pep boys or other auto parts store and see if they can scan it for you. Cheap ODBII scanners can be bought there as well for around $100, but the cheaper versions usually do not have all manufacturer specific codes... although they will report on the basic ODBI sensor list (most cats, O2 sensors, etc)
+rep to both of you.
There were some heavy rains here in Miami, and the race pipe o2 sensor wiring was only held down by electrical tape. So that may be my problem. I will take a look at it when I get off work, and check the engine bay wiring. I should reset my ecu after I check the wiring right?

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts