Lexus IS Forum banner

CEL- o2 sensor help

1K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  BatuKingJr 
#1 ·
ok.. so i went to get my oil changed and they checked to see why my cel was on. it came out to be that one of the o2 sensors is out or not working or something?? if i plan to get the headers, will it make a difference if replace them or not??

they quoted me 240 for install and parts.. i know i should replace them, but if i plan on getting headers, will the header make a difference?

thanx in advance

#2 ·
jb00gie said:
ok.. so i went to get my oil changed and they checked to see why my cel was on. it came out to be that one of the o2 sensors is out or not working or something?? if i plan to get the headers, will it make a difference if replace them or not??

they quoted me 240 for install and parts.. i know i should replace them, but if i plan on getting headers, will the header make a difference?

thanx in advance
If the O2 sensor has a heater wire in it you should either replace it or look in the "go fast" forum and look at SophieSleeps "O2 sensor wiring diagrams" thread and run the signal from the other O2 sensor which contains a heater wire.

#3 ·
dude... dont get it done at the dealership.. rip off

go to autozone and find out what code the CEL is throwing.. from there you can find out which sensor it is. It may not be the one on the headers. So depending on which sensor went bad you may need to change it or do the O2 sim

Brandon

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.