Lexus IS Forum banner

141 - 160 of 181 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
I own 2001 is300 and the cel is on as well as the trac off is flashing. I was able to get codes from a failed smog. P0440, p1120, p1121. I have looked them up but don't know how to start fixing them. My car will drive fine for awhile but then it seems like I have to floor the pedal for the car to go any faster. Help on this would be great.
You have a gas vapor leak, which is what P0440 means. This link and my post in the link should help.
http://my.is/forums/f87/ok-p0440-my-last-nerve-446169/

Check the gas cap, replace if needed. Check the VSV tubing connections near where the stock air box sits.

Both P1120 and P1121 tells me the accelerator pedal position sensor is bad or the wiring to it. P1120 is the accelerator pedal position sensor circuit malfunction, and P1121 is a range/performance problem detected with the APPS. It's part #22060 in the pic below. Toyota part # 2206046070 THROTTLE W/SENSOR LEVER ASSEMBLY. You may be able to find a used one on Ebay or junk yard.

2002 IS300: OEM Engine & Fuel (FUEL INJECTION) Replacement Parts

·
Registered
138 Posts
01 auto with 177xxx scanner reads p1346, p0300, p0301, p0302, p0303, p1346. Yes the scanner shows 6 codes with p1346 twice. I have cleaned the MAF and drained/reset computer. Car hesitates when applying gas. Going to SeaFoam gas and hose and replace PCV valve. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
01 auto with 177xxx scanner reads p1346, p0300, p0301, p0302, p0303, p1346. Yes the scanner shows 6 codes with p1346 twice. I have cleaned the MAF and drained/reset computer. Car hesitates when applying gas. Going to SeaFoam gas and hose and replace PCV valve. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
DTC P1346 basically means check the oil control valve most of the time. The code is a VVTi malfunction which is picked up by the camshaft position sensor and crankshaft position sensor. Here is a thread on it. It will show you that there is a screen that can clog and keep the engine timing off, with oil flowing. This is not fairly uncommon if using conventional oil especially. Usually Dtc P1349 pops up too.

read my post #32 and #35> http://my.is/forums/f115/help-misfire-codes-433820/index3.html

http://my.is/forums/f115/vvti-ocv-install-430720/

·
Registered
138 Posts
Thanks Jason for another quick reply. Update, I reset codes and two came back P1346 twice. Going to seafoam and clean ocv to try and see if that will help. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
Alright. Good luck and i hope it stays off. It's very easy to clean the valve so post back once you get to it.

If cleaning and testing the oil control valve doesn't help, check the camshaft position sensor resistance. Spec as follows..
835-1460 @68*
1060-1645 @*operating temp

Verify your timing belt is on securely and has not jumped a tooth as this code can possibly indicate. This code basically refers to the relationship with VVTi between the camshaft sensor.

Pretty much the effected components are these..

·
Registered
138 Posts
Ok update. I cleaned ocv valve and used seafoam. Car runs better than before but P1346 is still showing. Going to look into getting timing changed or should I just change the ocv out? I also cleaned the throttle body and made sure all clamps on intake are tight. I did find the house that goes from intake to elbow nipple is cracked at the end but that isn't throwing any codes.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
That kinda sucks, sorry to hear. I would probably still test the OCV operation by applying battery positive and negative to it to see if it hesitates or stalls when the car is warmed up, as per the steps in my link or fsm. Active test for VVTi is just instant retard for timing to give rough idle or to make engine stall. I would verify your timing is right and hasn't slipped. That would be pretty evident when the top cover is removed and taking a look. I would also still check the ohms on the camshaft sensor at least as well.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have P0430 code, I found in the repair manual that it could be a gas leakage on the exhaust sytem, heated oxygen sensor or the front or rear cat. If it was the cat, wouldnt there be some loss of power? I have had a cat go out on a vehicle before where there was loss of power? Any ideas?

·
Registered
30 Posts
i'd really appreciate anyone who hears me out and gives me their 2 cents! :D

i have an 03' IS300 and last night after driving a full car to eat kbbq in garden grove, the CEL/trac off light came on. i know the trac off light comes on when the CEL does but i had my 90k car service and the only thing i think could have triggered it based on my driving behavior would be because i was going about 75mph on the freeway, then put it into NEUTRAL to cruise free out of gear to the freeway exit about a half a mile away...but then a car pulled behind me so i put it back into DRIVE* (i have an automatic gearbox) ... of course the RPMs went from about 800 to 2700...but would this possibly be what caused it? the CEL then came on only about 3 minutes later...i parked/drove it around a few times after, but the next day it turned off by itself before i got the chance to pull the code and it's killing me that i didn't read the code!

any ideas on what code it possibly was/why?

much appreciated.

*i assumed the computer would put it in the correct gear going from NEUTRAL to DRIVE so it wouldn't overrev...i mean the engine didn't blow (that i know of)...

·
Registered
30 Posts
i'd really appreciate anyone who hears me out and gives me their 2 cents! :D

i have an 03' IS300 and last night after driving a full car to eat kbbq in garden grove, the CEL/trac off light came on. i know the trac off light comes on when the CEL does but i had my 90k car service and the only thing i think could have triggered it based on my driving behavior would be because i was going about 75mph on the freeway, then put it into NEUTRAL to cruise free out of gear to the freeway exit about a half a mile away...but then a car pulled behind me so i put it back into DRIVE* (i have an automatic gearbox) ... of course the RPMs went from about 800 to 2700...but would this possibly be what caused it? the CEL then came on only about 3 minutes later...i parked/drove it around a few times after, but the next day it turned off by itself before i got the chance to pull the code and it's killing me that i didn't read the code!

any ideas on what code it possibly was/why?

much appreciated.

*i assumed the computer would put it in the correct gear going from NEUTRAL to DRIVE so it wouldn't overrev...i mean the engine didn't blow (that i know of)...

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey guys im new to the forum i have a issue with my is300 ECU i guess the guy that i got it from had flash the ECU in order to release more fuel dose anyone know how i can fix this problem or reset my ECU to original settings please help?

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
hey guys im new to the forum i have a issue with my is300 ECU i guess the guy that i got it from had flash the ECU in order to release more fuel dose anyone know how i can fix this problem or reset my ECU to original settings please help?
Is it a stock IS300 ECU? Nobody has been able to crack the maps or injector duty cycles on the stock computer so I don't believe that's possible. To reset the ECU you take the negative off the battery for 5 full minutes.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Let me verify that this is why I am getting these 2 codes. My B2S2 o2 was cross threaded and I bought a new y pipe and I removed the o2 sensor so don't mess up the bung hole. I am getting a P0057 and a Pending P0153? Is this normal removing the B2S2?

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
Let me verify that this is why I am getting these 2 codes. My B2S2 o2 was cross threaded and I bought a new y pipe and I removed the o2 sensor so don't mess up the bung hole. I am getting a P0057 and a Pending P0153? Is this normal removing the B2S2?
P0153 is O2 sensor slow response B2S1 and P0057 is O2 sensor heater circuit slow response B2S2(which means the sensor is going bad). Do you have an exhaust leak that woukd give you an upstream code? Any heater code means either the wiring is messed up somewhere or more likely the sensor is simply going bad. That's fine that you can leave B2S2 off the manifold to avoid heated codes but without a sim or maybe tying into B1S2 you will get cat efficiency codes too. You should be able to get a tap to fix the cross threads if on the bung.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Pcv valve hose???????????

2003 Lexus is300 - I cant find this PCV Valve hose anywhere online, I don't know if someone can help me here?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi peeps.
Got an MY99 is200. My engine light is flash in and so is my traction control light.
Did a check and come back as p0300, p0303, p0306 and p0003 error codes.
Any help would be great full as new to having a lexus
Thanks guys :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've got a weird one. I got codes p0155 and p0141. No other codes on my boosted is300. Any ideas what would throw JUST these 2 codes?

141 - 160 of 181 Posts