Lexus IS Forum banner

41 - 60 of 181 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just got this code (P1349) right after changing the timing belt a fixing an oil leak coming out of a seal (right above the oil tank). Replaced the whole thing and did an oil change as well. The engine runs fine. Just the check engine and trac off light.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have code P1349. I had a mechanic do some repair and I got the code P1349 a few minutes after I drove off. They fixed and oil leak coming out of one of the seals, change the timing belt, oil change...etc. What could be the problem? Eminence mentioned about being the VVTI solenoid! Where is this located? I could do this work myself. I changed the spark plugs and cable thinking it was this, although I needed to do them anyways. The car runs great. The only thing is the lights, Check Engine and Trac Off.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi

I got an CEL and a scan showed code P0174. System too Lean Bank 2

Question: Since only the bank 2 error is popping up, would that mean the error is solely in the B2S1 O2 sensor? or could the problem still be somewhere with fuel injectors/MAFS/fuel pressure/other O2 sensors?

·
Registered
14 Posts
driving with P0174

I got a P0174 Code, but no p0171, I cleaned the MAFS but CEL still on. I got to drive from san diego to LA and back tomorrow. will the car be fine or should I rent?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I did clean the MAF and reset, but light still came on, which was what concerned me. Im fairly sure its just the B2S1 O2 sensor having problems, but I am not very car savy so I do not know if that can in any way negatively effect and/or damage vehicle.

If the car feels and sounds fine would that pretty much mean that the problem is not fuel related, but just fault O2 sensor? Please help, student is300 owner on a budget, repairing the car is costly, replacing it is a death sentence.

·
Registered
85 Posts
hey guys i had this problem also this p1349. went to many different shops and replace alot of stuff like the vvt solnoid,sensors and down to flushing out my engine thinking it was build up.after many oil change i went to the lexus dealer in rockville center long island.they took 3hrs and told me that it was my left cam shaft that it needs to be replace.which would cost me $6,000 for parts and labor.there was no way i was paying that.so i took the matter in my own hands and did research and found a troubleshoot for the p1349 possible areas that is cause the code.which was the vvt time,the ocv and the solnoid.and if it wasnt any of that the last thing would be to change the ecm...did every step all testing and everything was fine.last was the ecm,i had enough of the dam light and i just pop open the ecm.so ilook and around and did some some testing with my tester and saw that 2 resistor was shot on the board.well it wasnt complete shotbut it suppose to be reading 1U but it was only reading 1/2.so swap it out sloider 2 new ones and put everything back together.took the neg off the battery for 10mins and turn on and light is gone.over 2k miles and still no light.so it was just the 2 resistor the the # for the resistor is r000. hope this helps if any questions pm me

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
if it is a bad primary 02 sensor, you are risking running lean when you drive it. have it checked by a professional. tell them to put it on a scope and check the switching using propane in the intake tube. they will think you know what you are talking about, and do the test. if it isnt switching properly, you need a new one. and make sure you only replace it with genuine toyota parts. or you can get the cheap ones multiple times over and over. read the sticky about 02 sensors

·
Registered
26 Posts
I am taking it to the mechanic tomorrow. He called me up and told me that probably he put the timing belt wrong. I guess there is a mark on the belt that he needs to align it with another one during the assembly. It could be! it was odd to have the code P1349 come up right after driving off. Will keep you posted.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I got news from the mechanic and he actually installed the timing belt wrong. He was off by one sprocket. This made it "faster" and through off the engine and Trac off light (P1349). I told him that I wanted that way but without the lights. He said I needed to get a new "chip". Bummer for me because the car was behaving faster and was more responsive.

·
Registered
117 Posts
i have same issue here p1349 and trac off flashing.. ..i was getting my car fixed.. someone hit me on my left fender ..so when i got my car back i got that cel.... what u guys think i should start doing...first..

·
Registered
355 Posts
PO301... cylinder 1 missfire dected
PO300... random missfire detected
PO302... cylinder 2 missfire dected
PO304... cylinder 4 missfire dected
PO305... cylinder 5 missfire dected
PO306... cylinder 6 missfire dected
PO102... throttle/pedal position sensor A circuit
PO125... insufficient coolant temp for closed loop fuel control
PO141... o2 heater circuit (bank 1, sensor 2)
PO155... o2 heater circuit (bank 2, sensor 1)
PO161... o2 heater circuit (bank 2, sensor 2)
P1300... igniter circuit mulfuntion 1
any help guys:(:(:( car boosted with 2,75 srt kit wth haltech as a piggy back, no o2 sensors plugged in, been running like that for 3 years, just want to get rid of damn cel

·
Registered
325 Posts
ok guys i hooked up an scanner & go these codes:

C1241 something to do with the battery...? <---- iv deleated this one (hasen' returned yet)

C1223 malfuncion in ABS control system...?
C1224 open OR short curcuit in " NE " signal curcuit....?
C1203 engine conrol system comunication curcet malfunction.....?

can anyone help shed somelight on this (so i can star looking somwhere...? )

·
Registered
2 Posts
I tried searching but didn't find an issue similar to mine?
I originally had the codes p0136 and p0156
After talking to a friend and researching, I ended up putting the 02 fix version 2, like the ones on Megan racing's site on banks one and two sensor two
And now after clearing the codes. Cel is back on with the same codes as well as two added codes,
P0430 and p0153, please help, thanks!

(I forgot to mention it has headers not sure brand, also injen intake and hks exhaust)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an 2001 Lexus IS300 with 148k miles. I just purchased Tues of last week from an luxury used car lot mechanic (Merceedes, Lexus, etc). Last Sat as i was headed to get my tag the CEL comes on and the car starts misfiring. I ran a code at Autozone later that came up an P0300. Since then I have taken it back to him to look at it and on Tues of this week there was an code of P1349. He changed the oid and reset the code but it shut off as I left the lot and approached the first light. I turned back around and had him to look at it agin. He says that there must be water in the system when they pressure washed the engine. I'm suppose to drop it off in the morning and he will work on it then to get it resolve. Last night it ran extra sluggish than before so I stopped at AutoZone again to get a code ran and here are the results:

P0300
P0301
P0302
P0303
P0304
P0305
P0306
P1349

The car runs fines but when you get to a stop light at idle it will "rock you to sleep" at the traffic light. i've had an few instances where it would shut off when at a stop or takes a few turns of the key to start. He thinks that changing the plugs, wires and coils will take care of the problem. Please someone that knows of this issue reply back with advice, opinion, info.
Thanks.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hello guys. I came with this DTC on my 06 IS350. I just replaced the plugs with OEM ones, I cleaned the TB as well, after I was done I started the car and got a check engine light and a message that says check vsc and the traction control light is on too. The DTC is P0393 Camshaft position sensor "B" circuit high bank 2. Anyone knows what went wrong here, I made sure all the plugs were tight to specs, plugged everything that needed to be plugged, I didn't have any issues! Thanks in advance.

41 - 60 of 181 Posts