Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been getting a sporadic CE lights on my car so I finally ponnied up to check it out.

The ECU reports Bank 1 and 2 too lean, I currently have an AEM. My question is what is causing the error?

Please note I replaced my gas tank, so im thinking

1) AEM air filter( I have a larger filter then came with the AEM) is letting in much more air then the car is used and tripping the CE light? should I put the smaller filter back on?

2) Fuel injectors partially clogged(see replaced fuel tank)?

Where does the to lean code come from? the MAF? or the O2 Sensors?
Any help is greatly appreciated.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,784 Posts
try cleaning your maf sensor- that is usually the first thing to look at when you get a lean condition CEL.

-Chris
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,055 Posts
doublins said:
try cleaning your maf sensor- that is usually the first thing to look at when you get a lean condition CEL.

-Chris
just to be safe, by clean it you mean wipe it off with a towel?? or actually use some kind of chemical?? any no-no's or specific ways to do it?? i am having the same problem......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
812 Posts
Carb cleaner should do the trick... Just take it out and spray the crap out of it... You will notice the brown color is now orange..
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,962 Posts
bartkat said:
Carb cleaner leaves oily residue. Better to use a self drying electronics cleaner.
^^ This is true, use a solvent meant for electrical components/PCB's, etc...

You can get some good stuff at a local hobby shop that sells R/C cars usually. CRC is a decent brand.

The next best thing to use would be Isopropyl Alchohol. The only I didn't suggest this first is because you can really spray the dirt away with it, you have to wipe it away with a q-tip or something, and any physical contact is not really a good idea with the wire sensor.

It's better to spray the crud off.


Good luck, hope that is the root cause of the problem!

Kane
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys ill try it tonight.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
812 Posts
Noted..

Thanks, I'll use this the next time I have to clean it.

bartkat said:
Carb cleaner leaves oily residue. Better to use a self drying electronics cleaner.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I reset it, my car Long term trim is hella rich, which makes sense i guess the the AEM intake tubing is wider thus containing more air then the stock maf expects.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,891 Posts
hmmmmmmm


Sentinel said:
Well I reset it, my car Long term trim is hella rich, which makes sense i guess the the AEM intake tubing is wider thus containing more air then the stock maf expects.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,784 Posts
Sentinel said:
Well I reset it, my car Long term trim is hella rich, which makes sense i guess the the AEM intake tubing is wider thus containing more air then the stock maf expects.
time for an afc, ya heard?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,891 Posts
he has an emanage, untuned because he is a slacker (don't pummel me hercules) and he has been too busy with his up and coming professional wresting career - :lol:

i told him it was because of the aem tubes ID, and to take that out until he could get the tuning done

-gte




doublins said:
Sentinel said:
Well I reset it, my car Long term trim is hella rich, which makes sense i guess the the AEM intake tubing is wider thus containing more air then the stock maf expects.
time for an afc, ya heard?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,784 Posts
IS300GTE said:
he has an emanage, untuned because he is a slacker (don't pummel me hercules) and he has been too busy with his up and coming professional wresting career - :lol:

i told him it was because of the aem tubes ID, and to take that out until he could get the tuning done

-gte




doublins said:
Sentinel said:
Well I reset it, my car Long term trim is hella rich, which makes sense i guess the the AEM intake tubing is wider thus containing more air then the stock maf expects.
time for an afc, ya heard?
Ugh... this whole time he's had the means to fix his problem, and he just hasn't bothered?

Boo this man! :lol:


please don't hit me Sentinel :eek:

At least not before I've had the chance to kick you in the nuts and run away. :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,891 Posts
"i'll kick you in the nutes!"









doublins said:
IS300GTE said:
he has an emanage, untuned because he is a slacker (don't pummel me hercules) and he has been too busy with his up and coming professional wresting career - :lol:

i told him it was because of the aem tubes ID, and to take that out until he could get the tuning done

-gte
Ugh... this whole time he's had the means to fix his problem, and he just hasn't bothered?

Boo this man! :lol:


please don't hit me Sentinel :eek:

At least not before I've had the chance to kick you in the nuts and run away. :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
haha ill tinker with the emanage at lunch maybe ill use the injector correction in reverse :lol:
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top