Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
in your opinions which would yall prefer??
There are like a million CDT speakers, lol. Particular model you are considering?

If youare talking about the brands in general than most people will take Focal over CDT. Everyone has something good to say about focal speakers on this website and everywhere else. CDT is not as popular, but alot of their speakers get good reviews. I would chose focals though, since they have a better reputation.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I have CDT M6 mids in the front paired with the SATNET 560 crossover and DRT 26A tweeter. I have not used Focal myself, but had a friend that used them and they sounded really good. I love my setup now, highs are not to bright and the mid is very clear and hits low without hesitation. I have it tuned down to about 50hz and they have no problem with it what so ever. The setup pieced together ran me about $300.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
I'd vote focal, the CDT's will sound warmer but, the polyglass (basing this off the 165VR) will be clearer, easier to image, and a little more efficient, You will probably have to turn the tweeter down to keep it from being harsh though.

·
Premium Member
11,198 Posts
I had the tweeters turned down a little on my Focal set. They were just magical. I still hold that they were the BEST* set of components for the IS300.

165 V1 - Focal 165V1 Polyglass 6.5" 2 Way Component Speakers

*Best based on a number of criteria. Price, performance when installed correctly, ease of installation, super efficient, quality, longevity.

·
Premium Member
11,198 Posts
how were you running the setup passive or active. also if active where were your crossover points?

hows the tacoma by the way
I was running them passive with the switch on the tweeters set to -3db with the tweeters in the stock sail panels. That system could make ANYTHING sound good.

And the Tacoma is quite well....quite welll ;)

·
Premium Member
11,198 Posts
Those are the Tang Band 6.5" subs I had in the IS300. Well, it's a set of 4 new ones but the same model speaker. That wrench is just the coolest thing ever. I saw it and had to have it.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
those trucks have a nice quiet ride to them. what speakers did you go with. did you keep them 6x9s or just use a 6x9 plate?
i guess ill wait till you do a thread on them
hey it could be called the italyn non is300 build thread and you could post as many builds non is related as you want.. lmao
ill be posting up a project im working on maybe tmrw or the next day..

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hahahahaha looks nice ....i was meaning to compliment you on that 6.5 trunk set up you had with those speakers..very crafty :eek:) i see i started a trend with making personal threads hahaha

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.