Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have burned CD's stuck in my 01 is300 stock head unit. How do I get them out?????? HELP!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just wanted to offer a few tips to everyone about removing the stock cd payer/ head unit.

1. Use duct tape to protect all sides of your console/ dash. As soon as the unit comes into contact with the rubber, It will leave scuff marks. I learned this the hard way. Use plenty of duct tape!
2. You have a 10 mm/8 mm Wrench in your trunk that will help you with taking out the unit.
3. There are four bolts holding the unit in place, two on top and two on bottom. Remove the bottom ones first. It's easier this way because if you remove the top ones first, The weight of the entire unit will be resting on the bottom two bolts making it harder to remove them.
4. When removing the unit from the bracket, use the 10 MM wrench to loosen each of the bolts before using the Phillips screwdriver.

Good luck and again use lots of duct tape!

·
\/ Awesome \/
11,398 Posts
Great additions! I would like to caution the use of duct tape as it's VERY sticky and might ruin the surface you're trying to protect. A slightly better idea would be painters masking tape (the blue 3M stuff) as it's low adhesion and is designed to be peeled off when you're done. :)

·
Registered
837 Posts
+1 PAINTERS TAPE i used packaging tape and it still left a film, painters is the way to go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts