Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this is a question for this crowd but I'll try anyway. I want to attach a PC directly to the stereo to play countless MP3s. Anyone have any ideas/websites I can consider on how to do this? How would I hook my laptop to my stereo to play the songs? Any kind of feedback would be great!

·
Registered
356 Posts
the easiest way and cheapest way to do this is to get a cassette tape for use with personal stereo cd player. you know what i'm talking about rite? then hook it up to your laptop via the speakers outlet, insert the tape in your is deck and you're read to go. Try to hide the wires and hide your laptop so it can look nice!

·
Registered
769 Posts
You can also get the adapter that connects to your laptops headphone jack and has a left and right rca on the end of it and connect it to your stereo's aux inputs. If you are using the stock stereo, you won't be able to do it.

·
8,827 Posts
Do the AUX mod and use 3.5mm headphone jack to RCA cable.
The cheapest way to power up a laptop is to get a DC-AC adapter and plug laptop's power adapter into it.

P.S.
PM me if you need info on Car VGA LCDs w/ touchscreen, etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.