Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys I have 7600 miles and now I have a problem. The changer doesnt work anymore. It sounds like a cd is stuck and wont play. Anyone else had this proble? It wont eject any of them. Im taking it to Lexus tomorrow. Just curious if anyone else have had this problem?

K

·
Registered
653 Posts
Yeah. I had the same problem. I didnt even have 1000 miles on it. The cds would be real hot and then they started to get stuck. Finally they didnt come out. And my Jay-z and MOP were in there. I took it to the dealer and it took about 45 min. and be careful they scratched my console. They replaced it, sent me back my 2 cds and it looks like I might be having the same problem again. I get a message that says ERROR 3on the screen. I bought mine in August and have 2500 miles on it now. Good luck.

[This message has been edited by triz (edited December 17, 2000).]

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
Try unloading all the discs and then loading all slots one at a time. With luck, you'll get the missing disc to fall into place during one of the loads...

------------------
Tony
'01 Spectra Blue
'94 Turbo Miata

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys... Mine says that error messages and everytime I turn the car on, it tries to load the discs but just makes a popping noise. I have tried numerous times to unload them but they wont come out either. Anyways..thanks for the info...I tried to stick an old cd to try to jam it back in place but had no luck. Anymore help welcome because I do not want to take it to the dealer tomorrow cause I have a feeling its a simple problem.

K

·
Registered
511 Posts
That happened to me the first month i had my IS... the cd's would not register on the display which tells you how many and what number CD's are loaded. what I did was if i knew a cd was in slot1 and slot1 was not showing up on the LCD I would reload another CDinto the Slot1 (I know it sounds crazy) once the cd is loaded eject the cd in slot1 again, Magically BOTH cd eject one piggy backed on the other! TADAAAAA! Hope this tip helps.

Triz... maybe your IS doesnt like Jay-Z & MOP
hahahaa

·
11,061 Posts
Yikes, I have 1300 miles on the car and haven't even TRIED the CD player yet. Now I'm scared. I asked for CDs for Christmas...

·
13,978 Posts
same thing happed to me. my cd's got stuck and wouldn't come out. took my car to the dealer and they just replaced my cd player for free.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts