Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im finally planning on taking my car back to the dealership.
to get my cd-player thats been messing up w/ errors for about 6-7months now. the first few months i would get errors, but some cd's would still play.
but now the cd player gets errors from all my cds.

i plan on going there tomorrow.
but if i were to get it fixed tomorrow.
how long would it take?
im going there around 11-12.
but i have to leave for by 4 for work.
enough time?

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
Never expect time estimates to be right from Lexus. Don't expect to get your car back soon. They might not even fixit, because they might have to order a new head unit.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I dont really know how they do it in the states,
In canada I would need your deck I.D,(located on the face of the player).the deck # is something like 18627 and they would look up the # and match the manufacture and send/fax the info to them and the new deck would be sent to the dealership in about 1-3 days.
It should take about 30 minutes to take out and install the deck.
p.s
you also can phone the warranty/service writer and tell them your deck number,If they know of this problem already??(might work if they dont know about this too)...no need to drive there(waist of your time).

·
Registered
770 Posts
about 85% of people on this board had to get there new cd players

i orderd mine..they said it will be there in 2 weeks...they called me up a little less than a week and half and told me that it arrived....and they made an appointment for me the next day to have it repalced..dropped my car off 10....and went back to pick it up around 12..and it was outside all done waiting for me and i was happy they didn't even scartch my Custom Dash cause i hear horror stores of dealers scratching the dash....but they didn't

also they need that i-d to order your new one

and this is a dealership which i didn't even buy my car at

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
See below

AUDIO
AU001-03

February 7, 2003

Title:
CD CHANGE IMPROVEMENTS

Models:
'01 - '03 IS 300 & 300 SportCross

Introduction

To address possible complaints of compact discs becoming jammed in the CD changer, improvements have been made to the IS 300 CD changer mechanism. These improved units are available through the audio exchange program.

Applicable Vehicles^ 2001 - 2003 model year IS 300 and IS 300 SportCross vehicles produced before the VINs shown below.
Parts Information

Repair Procedure

1. Order a replacement radio from Fujitsu-Ten through the exchange program by calling Procedure 1-800-237-5413.

2. Follow installation procedure outlined in the repair manual.
Warranty Information

Applicable Warranty*:

This repair is covered under the Lexus Comprehensive Warranty. This warranty is in effect for 48 months or 50,000 miles, whichever occurs first, from the vehicle's in-service date.

* Warranty application is limited to correction of a problem based upon a customer's specific complaint.

Digger08

·
Registered
628 Posts
Same here, lately i been getting that message "ERROR". At first, i thought that it was the CD itself but after i read this post, I'm start thinking of going to the dealer..

·
11,061 Posts
Well, I have the third one installed now (beginning of August) and I'm HOPING it's one of the new, more robust units.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
sherwing2000 said:
Same here, lately i been getting that message "ERROR". At first, i thought that it was the CD itself but after i read this post, I'm start thinking of going to the dealer..
better head up there now :) or call to see if they have one in..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts