Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey the other day i tried to use my cd player and it doesnt work. The cd button doesnt switch it to cd mode and the load and eject button are not responding. HELP?? Anybody ever had this problem at all? FIX? Any body have a radio they are selling or giving away?? hahaha

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Devin 300 said:
Hey the other day i tried to use my cd player and it doesnt work. The cd button doesnt switch it to cd mode and the load and eject button are not responding. HELP?? Anybody ever had this problem at all? FIX? Any body have a radio they are selling or giving away?? hahaha
A lot of people on here have had probs w/ their stock players. CD's getting stuck, etc...
If you're under warranty, just take it in - otherwise, ebay maybe??

·
8,880 Posts
Does the mechanism make any sounds when you try to change CDs?

Also, check if any of the buttons are stuck. Ever once in a while I had Button #2 (Next CD) stuck.

If you really want to replace stock changer, post in member sale/trade forum. They average $100.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I think more people then not have had problems with their stock radio...I've had problems 3 different times. Personally, I think they should have a recall :-?

Scientific

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I dont hear any noises or see the display change at all when depressing the cd, eject, or load button. Im going to pull the radio myself. Any tips on taking apart the dash to get to the radio? im just gonna mess with it myself. Talked to the dealer myself. They said ill have to buy a new one since its outa warranty.

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
becareful and mask up the area :D cuz it'll scratch the sh*t out of ur dash

·
Registered
1 Posts
Lost Cause

I had to replace 2, one I sent for repair, the second out of a 03, both quit. there is no real fix, these were bad changers, and Lexus knows it! Do yourself a big favor, buy a good aftermarket player and save yourself a lot of grief.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I had to replace 2, one I sent for repair, the second out of a 03, both quit. there is no real fix, these were bad changers, and Lexus knows it! Do yourself a big favor, buy a good aftermarket player and save yourself a lot of grief.
not what i wanted to hear...over the easter weekend i did a couple of DIY(clean maf, stand alone fogs, and i replaced my fog bulbs) I had my battery disconnected during the work, but tonight I get in my car and hit "DISC" nothing happens. It doesnt show the 6 little cds in the right corner of the display, I hit eject nothing, I hit load and it makes the usual cd shuffling noises.

Tomorrow I am going to disconnect my battery again and see if that does anything before i rip the lil pain in the arse out of the dash...it has 6 of my favorite cds in it :pissed:

·
Registered
641 Posts
haha that sucks so bad man +rep for sympathy.. I have a 6 cd changer that im not using and it works flawlessly. It has the carbon fiber dash sticker on it but im sure you could take it off. Let me know if your interested..

·
Registered
142 Posts
haha that sucks so bad man +rep for sympathy.. I have a 6 cd changer that im not using and it works flawlessly. It has the carbon fiber dash sticker on it but im sure you could take it off. Let me know if your interested..
thanks +rep for the offer, i will let you know

1 - 10 of 10 Posts