with regular stops. You see the counter
on the song start and stop constantly.

I have tried these in my RX, all of my
home players, and my friends Eclipse play
with no problems. I even had one Kodak
Gold CD which I have used forever with
similar problems. I did burn a Memorex
CDR and it plays with no problems.

Do I need to have the dealer check it out?
Do you think they will care that I can't
play CDRs in it? I thought the next time
I was there I would mention it and
try one of the other ISs and see if they
are the same way.

Has anyone else had similar problems? Just
checking. Thanks,

·
Registered
631 Posts
Likely the dealer will shrug and say that stereo is not guaranteed to work with CDR's. There are so many variables involved that I wouldn't blame them for taking that stance, and I burn a lot of CDR's myself.

I only use Mitsui, and haven't had any problems with any of my CDR's in my IS300.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i know it's hard to accept what i will tell u... but try this...

try burning at 4x. see what results u get.
post them online. =)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Has anyone else had similar problems? Just
checking. Thanks,[/QB][/QUOTE]

I know this will sounds crazy, but have you try the media ---> Sony CD-R 650MB/74min yet, they are one of the most high standard for both music and data. I've seen a lot of problems with media like: Memorex, Imation, and others (not so compatible to all CD players)
btw - I also have a Yamaha burner (10X-IDE)using Sony media,and never run into problem when play back from any CD-Players.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Guys try the Black media CDRs. I think Memorex makes them. My friend has a old Kenwood CD player in his car that would not read anything. But then when the black ones came out I burned him a CD with some stuff on it and it works like a charm. I think a 50 pack runs $25. Black media is supposed to be ultra durable...this is what they use for game consoles.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
UPDATE:

Tried the slower burn speeds. 8x almost
worked. At first it sounded fine, but then
started doing the same old thing again.
The 4x worked fine. I guess I'll have to
stick to that for those CDRs. Thanks for the
suggestion!

·
Registered
697 Posts
just try a different media, some cd player is not suitable for certain media.

I have been using Memorex, and when i switched to Kingston, this problem also occurred

·
Registered
3 Posts
Try using Memorex 80min CDR's. I burn these CDR's with a 10x burner and they play without any problems.

Hope this helps.

[ June 03, 2001: Message edited by: ThEcRoW ]

·
Registered
104 Posts
The best brand out there is Mitsui Brand CDRs. They have clear dye<don't ask me how that works>, w/ a silver reflective layer.

You all know how sh*tty the aiwa mp3 cd player is? yeah, it skips like a nut w/ those generic Fry's brand CDRs, but I tried the Mitsui's as well as Verbatims, and a few other more expensive brand cdrs and it worked like a charm.

--The general rule of thumb is that the more OPAQUE the dye in the CDR, the better it will most likely perform, unlike cheap cdrs that are so light in color that indicates a lack of recording dye.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Mitsui's dye is very light green - hard to tell, but there is a little difference in shade.

Mitsui invented the phthalocyanine dye, and either license out or produce the disks for relabeling for all the other companies that use that dye (e.g. Kodak). I figure that since they make the dye, they make sure their own product is top notch. I've used them for four years, and don't use anything else.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts