Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my indash 6 changer just went into error 3 and just sounds like it spins. i took it someplace but they said i can't just buy a new head because the navigation is integrated and won't work without it. is there anything i can do without buying a $650 new one and having it break too or is there some way to bypass the nav or a cheaper head that could control it ?
TIA

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hey Calex yeap you can defintely keep your stock navi and have an aftermarket head unit installed. I had it done on my car. You can check out the pics in my sig. I was able to successfully replace my stock headunit and put an aftermarket deck while keeping my OEM nav. Everything is working fine and just recently added the aux to play my ipod. I found this post and it has the answers to your questions:

http://my.is/forums/showthread.php?t=159466

I printed this out and took it to my installers. I made sure they did everything I wanted and my nav works just fine. Since only your cd player broke its coo cause the circuit board for the nav is still working and that's all you really need. Let me know if you got any questions. I would suggest asking at good dealers in socal. If they know what your asking about then they can help. If they are clueless don't let them touch your car cause they could mess up the install. It is pretty easy but just some words that can save you a headache.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts