Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had it already with life in NY. These past 2 years have been sh!t. I woke up this morning to 2 tickets for 110 dollars on my windshield. I never park illegally! And to top it off B]my CD changer has again malfunctioned on me. Ate my Big Pun CD! Im definetly asking for something from Lexus this time or else Im trading in my IS and getting a BMW 330! [/B]

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
I don't understand why you people keep breaking the cd player.

do you force your cd into the player or didn't wait for the light to turn green??

I have mine for a while and I've had no problem

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I used to think it was the way people treated their Cd player but mine broke down two days ago, the cd's that were in there had been for at least a month so it wasn't any abuse. I pressed play and it started scratching them up. I took it to the dealer and they said it had "no problem" and I must use it till it happens again. That pissed me off because they know about the problem and refuse to fix it. They must have done something to it because it plays now. I am just afraid to put any good Cd's in there.

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
Originally posted by triz:
I have had it already with life in NY. These past 2 years have been sh!t. I woke up this morning to 2 tickets for 110 dollars on my windshield. I never park illegally! And to top it off B]my CD changer has again malfunctioned on me. Ate my Big Pun CD! Im definetly asking for something from Lexus this time or else Im trading in my IS and getting a BMW 330! [/b]
I guess that the car doesn't like your music tastes... Try some new CD's perhaps

·
Registered
20,481 Posts
I feel ur pain. I had the same CD's in my changer for the longest time but it just jammed one day for no reason. I brought it in two weeks ago and they said that they'll give me a call when the CD changer part comes in. It un-jammed itself this past weekend when I smacked it a couple times. If the part comes in (doubt they even ordered one) they can take that CD changer and shove it up their a$$ along with my clogged cat converter, squeaky dash, squeaky seats, hesistation/trac problem, and scratched rims (whiles swapping tires- second time). Maybe I should look at other cars also...

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
triz... I just got my Player fixed since the First CT meet. They will mail you back your CD's but it kinda suck man..I know.

I am thinkin of getting the Kenwood MP3 Radio and a 6 disc Changer and saying to hell with the stock Radio. I dont wanna deal with that no more.

Your radio is not a CDPlaya it just crushes alot!
hahaha

I fuc;ked mine when I hit a pothole. careful on bumpy roads Ang.

RichyRich.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They called me this morning to tell me they have a new unit for me. Only took 1 day to get it. The service manager tolf me Lexus has changed the unit to a different manufacturer. Ill try and see who makes the new one.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Originally posted by gabe:
I used to think it was the way people treated their Cd player but mine broke down two days ago, the cd's that were in there had been for at least a month so it wasn't any abuse. I pressed play and it started scratching them up. I took it to the dealer and they said it had "no problem" and I must use it till it happens again. That pissed me off because they know about the problem and refuse to fix it. They must have done something to it because it plays now. I am just afraid to put any good Cd's in there.
this happened to me before when i hit a big pot hole.... but i took it to the dealer and they got me a brand new stereo....

·
Registered
509 Posts
triz, maybe u wanna watch it urself before u put in ur CDs?
i mean.. do u put the CDs properly ? or something?i have had my car for 7-8 months now.. no problem whatsoever, and i change my CDs often too.....
so far, have no complaint for my car..

dont force the CD in or wait till green light man.. heh. .

Violence and Technology is not a good mix
j/k

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I wait for the green light and I let the cd go in on its own. My service guy says they had lots of problems with them...he even said it's a sh!ty product. He said Lexus changed it now so its from another company. We'll see. I just hope I get my CD back before I go down to South Beach.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts