Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
now, before all you guys go and tell me to search, hear me out. i have an 01' stock CD changer. and, its jammed i believe. i have 6 CD's in there, and they won't come out. they won't play either. everytime i turn on my CD player mode, there is a clicking sound. it sounds like a peice is moving, but, then clicks back to the original starting point, and it does it again, and again. i'm assuming its jammed. but, here is my question. should i take it to somewhere like Tweeter, and have them pull out my CD player, and take out all my CD's, and then, have me put them back in. i've heard that if ya take out all the CD's you can put them back in when you put your CD player back in the dash. if this is true, would it be wise. i don't want to have to buy a new CD changer, and i can't pull out the changer myself, cause my stupid AC vents won't come out...don't know why they won't come out, but, it just won't. just want to get everyone's opinion before i do anything. and, no, the dealer won't do it for free...he wants to charge me $500 to do it...yea right.

·
Whatever they say I am...
2,700 Posts
This is not a hard DIY....its quite easy. I have done it about 3 times. Once all screws and bolts are out, the console comes right out. Check out this DIY done by Wingzero...if the console is not pulling right out then maybe you didnt loosen something, there are two bolts above the A/C controls, did you unbolt those? Double check your work before you pay the dealer $500.00. Also place masking tape on the shift knob and around the area that the console is coming out, that will save you from scratching it all up. I found out the hard way :)

http://my.is/forums/showthread.php?t=226297&highlight=diy+sticky

·
Registered
91 Posts
i have the same problem w/ my cd changer.... but, what i did was unplug the battery for few hours... and plug the battery back, my cd changer was fix... whoa la!
did it a few times... and damn thing finally broken down. got dealer to replace, still under warranty.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
okay, i'll try it...i think my tray was just sticking...but, i'll try it once more. thanks guys.

·
8,880 Posts
Don't forget to remove 2 screws holding AC vents. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts