Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
damit. my cd player just jammes on me. I've read that many people had problems with this before. has anyone perfected a way to get the jammed cd to come out?

I'll send it to the dealer next week, unless anyone has any suggestions.

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
Here's what happened to me recently. While switching discs (with a full player), I heard a kinda spinning sound (like if you dropped a spinning cd on the table) and then disc4 just disappeared... Crap.

So I ejected all the discs, all five of them. And started to reload. I loaded one, two and three and then stopped afraid of what might happend on the next. I waited a couple days (I was happy with the first three for a while). And then I wanted some more, so I figured if it really screws up now (because even though I'm missing one slot, I'm still listening to music) I'll take it in to the dealer. So I go to load disc4 and it makes like a clicking noise and poof disc4 is loaded again and it prompts me to load disc5 instead... Woohoo!

From the sounds it made, it sounded like the disc got stuck between slots and eventually fell back in place...

------------------
Tony
'01 Spectra Blue
'94 Turbo Miata

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea that sounds similar to what i have...
my slot #1 is stuck, i cannot eject that cd. it sounds like a snapping sound, a sound where it is trying to grab the cd but cannot.

I ejected all the other cds, and put them back in. the rest plays fine. its just malfunctioning on #1.

this all started when i heard some loud highspeed spinning of the cd, after that trouble.

lets hope this is not a common occurence, it would be really annoying if this happend once every so often......

·
Registered
29 Posts
My slot #4 jammed a month ago. I went to the dealer(Lexus of Norwood) and they said my cd changer was fine. They somehow got the cd out and spoke to me that there was no problem at all...Do u think they were covering up something?

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
It seems to me that the disk changer mechanism in the IS300 is a tempermental one... Actually I had a Sony bookshelf system at home with the same type of mechanism and I had trouble with it many times. Perhaps, they still haven't perfected it...
Eric...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts