Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I first asked a dealer what "behavior" I could change in my IS300s ECUs, he gave me a "CBEST" option sheet which had all sorts of neat features, but many of them (like automatically opening the moonroof if you hold the unlock button for > 1.5 seconds) were actually not available on the IS300. The sheet I was given turned out to be a "GS series" CBEST option sheet. The GS, ES, (etc) seem to have more options than the IS300. I was recently given a more up to date IS300 CBEST option sheet and it shows the following:

Operation Verification Beeper Volume (93%/89%/89%/75%/50%) [default=84%]
Door Ajar Warning Beeper (off/on) [on]
Time Until the Operation of the Autolock Function (30/60 seconds) [30 seconds]
All Doors Unlock when pressing unlock switch twice (off/on) [on]
Interior Light Function (off/on) [on]
Panic Alarm Operation (off/on) [on]
All Doors Unlock when key operated twice (off/on) [on]
Interior lights illuminate when the doors are unlock by the door key (off/on) [on]
Interior light illumination time (7.5/15/30seconds) [15 seconds]
Headlight Illumination time (off/30/60/90 seconds) [30 seconds]
Auto headlight on sensititity (dark2/dark1/normal/light1/light2) [normal]
Automatic light control mode (old/current) [current] (???)
Air conditioning startup mode (recirc/fresh)
Defrost startup mode (recirc/fresh)
Air Conditioning Tempshift (unsure of settings)
Defrost link (unsure of settings)

(the last few were hand scribbled notes added on so I don't have all the setting info)

·
Registered
921 Posts
Thats funny I was told by Longo Lexus that the IS did not have the CBEST.

Glad you posted that. I think I am going approach another dealer.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Originally posted by Lexus Luthor:
Thats funny I was told by Longo Lexus that the IS did not have the CBEST.

Glad you posted that. I think I am going approach another dealer.
hey luther, do you know if longo lexus has a good and honest service deprt? i need to take my car for a ecu reprogram...let me know if you know anything about this..thanks

·
Registered
921 Posts
Yeah actually Perry Rhoeder is really cool and a good guy. he knows a lot about tuning the IS and GS cars. On the other hand he was the one who I talked to about the CBEST program and the reprograming for the hesitation of the tranny. He told me these things:

1. The IS does not have the same CBEST that the GS models have and could not reprogram it to do the things that the GS does.

2. He also said that the ECU reprograming is not out here yet. He has not heard much of it and says that even though the other states may have it already, that they have different weather climates and elevations which affect that car and how it performs. Therefore he is just waiting until Corporate calls him about the ECU reprograming.

Again this is just what he told me and he is not the final word. If someone else finds something different in the So. Cal area, PLEASE let me know.

I will tell you that Perry is very good at his servicing and customer service. He also knows a lot about the tuning of the Lexus cars from owning a fully tuned GS400 himself. Give him a call.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is possible to change the CBEST options on the IS300. My local dealer lowered my lock/unlock confirm beep for me without any problem. Some dealers just don't want to hassle with the time to make those kind of minor adjustments for you.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Yeah but supposedly there are some options like being able to have your door locks lock when you put the car into drive and unlock when you turn off the car. It turns out that those are only offered on the GS. There are some others too like window roll up and down with the key remote and others that I forgot.
Too bad it is not available on the IS.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts