Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I went in for my suspension install today (TRD JCE10 shocks/springs) I also did an alignment as well. Autox Settings are:

Toe: -1/16" toe-out (F), 0 (R)
Camber: -1 degree all around.
Caster: ??

My suspension/alignment tuner (Darrin - West End Alignment) told me what was mentioned here in prior posts, as camber changes, caster changes too. I do not recall though what the final #'s were though. It is ironic that Toyota/Lexus designed the suspension geometies/ linkages to be this way and not have separate adjustment settings.

My participation in any Autox event (here in Socal, LA) will not happen till next year unfortunately. Work, work and work is dictating my schedule these days :x

Does anyone have similar settings? What were your caster #'s? Spring rates/damping rates aside, how did the caster affect handling in a autox? Much help will be appreciated.

·
Mr. Negative
11,977 Posts
castor is kind of a moot point on our car unfortunately. It's dictated by the camber. I believe when I had -.9deg camber my castor was around 6.1deg, but again there's no way to change it so it doesn't matter anyway.

Those settings that you have should be excellent. I always go w/ 0 toe front and rear, but a little toe out in the front will be fine. Let us know how the TRD's work out after racing it a little.

·
Registered
253 Posts
What were your caster #'s? Spring rates/damping rates aside, how did the caster affect handling in a autox?
Generally low castor will cause a more dead center feel. At one point, I was running -2 degrees camber which put my castor way out of spec (something like 4.xx). The steering was kind of light and didn't have a strong center feeling, but once you built up some g-forces, it wasn't very apparent. Basically, if you haven't felt any adverse effects on the street, it will be ok in autox.
The values you list are in spec, so I would image that you're castor will also be in, or close to, factory specs

1 - 4 of 4 Posts