Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I doubt he'll win it, but being an SC guy my vote goes to Carson Palmer.

·
Registered
12,480 Posts
I voted for Willis McGahee. Why? Because I like the name. :boring:

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
This Johnson kid from Penn State is phenomenal. He should win it walking away. I think Paterno's grousing about the offiicials all year will work against him though.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I think Byron Leftwich is the best player in the country without a doubt, but if Miami wins out Ken Dorsey will win it...

·
Registered
8,105 Posts
Nelly said:
I think Byron Leftwich is the best player in the country without a doubt, but if Miami wins out Ken Dorsey will win it...
w3rd

personally I'll have to look at Larry Johnson's stats against decent teams. It seems like he's gotten 300 yards against all chump teams...

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
What do you guys think of Jason Gesser from Washington State?

He did AWESOME on Saturday till he got hurt. Once that Kegle dude stepped in, the whole team went to shit, basically showing either how good Gesser is, or how bad WSU can be without a strong leader.

I'm interested in what the "rest of the country" thinks. He was in the hunt till saturday.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Kanine21 said:
What do you guys think of Jason Gesser from Washington State?

He did AWESOME on Saturday till he got hurt. Once that Kegle dude stepped in, the whole team went to shit, basically showing either how good Gesser is, or how bad WSU can be without a strong leader.

I'm interested in what the "rest of the country" thinks. He was in the hunt till saturday.
Yeah I agree, Gesser is the team. Even he said it himself that if he didn't get hurt, they would have won the game. Not much love for his backup, eh?

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
negreenfield said:
Nelly said:
w3rd

personally I'll have to look at Larry Johnson's stats against decent teams. It seems like he's gotten 300 yards against all chump teams...
Exactly! In all 3 Penn St. losses, Johnson had well under 100 yards per game. He posts huge numbers against lesser opponents. He's still a great runner but I don't think he's the most outstanding collegiate player this season.

·
3,221 Posts
bsl127 said:
Larry Johnson is my vote.
This guy played in a very weak conference. Yeah it's a great accomplishment to get 2000 yards in a season but this weekend Michigan State just rolled over and gave it to him.

Depending on what happens over the weekend, I think Carson Palmer is the front runner. If he goes out and torches the Domers, it's almost a lock. Plus he plays in one of the toughest conferences in the nation.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
as long as that fuck Dorsey doesn't get it i will be happy! He fucking sucks, he never hits his receivers in the numbers, they always have to jump or dive for their catches. And the only reason he has time is because that offensive line is huge (and ghey by the way).

·
Registered
164 Posts
I voted for Larry Johnson because he has put some amazing stats. Ken Dorsey has been impressive because all he does is win. He hasn't lost since the first game of 2000. If I was picking a player for the #1 spot in the NFL draft it would have to be Byron Leftwich. The guy is big, fast, and has a great arm.

I think Johnson or Dorsey will win, but I'm always wrong about picking the Heisman.

·
Cone Killer
7,315 Posts
tough call, Dorsey or McGahee. Dorey has only lost a game as a starter, I think he is 36-1. McGahee is runs well regardless of the oposition.
However, I do not think either will will for the fact that both play on the same team. Both will take votes from each other.

·
Registered
233 Posts
CRB said:
This Johnson kid from Penn State is phenomenal. He should win it walking away. I think Paterno's grousing about the offiicials all year will work against him though.
Hands down, LJ is the man. I saw him play this weekend against Michigan State. Man, that was the most excitement I've ever been a part of. PSU games are so amazing, even better when you see Larry Johnson totally rip the shit out of Mich. St. 279 yards on 19 carries and 4 touchdowns in one half!!!!?!?!? He was awesome. Man it was cold though :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts