Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone of you guys go to the carwash...or do you wash it yourselves...?i ask cuz am going to one today, and i was thinking about when they put your car on the roller's the wheels that move your car down the line pushing your car, would your rims rub/scratch up against the matal fender walls that keep your car in a str8 line, anyone know what i am talking about i have new chrome wheels and i dont want to ruin them....i have to go to the carwash cuz i had surgery on my back and i cant bend down for 3 weeks...

·
Registered
147 Posts
Feel better bout the sergery, and no those tracks wont scratch the rimms unless u somehow got SUV rims and even then they need to be really big SUV rimms to scratch. And if youyr so afraid of scrathcing your rimms you know there are probably some car washed that do 100% hand wash no machine.

·
Premium Member
52,610 Posts
Go to a car wash where the car sits still and the washer machine moves. Preaferably one that is "touchless" and uses high pressure spray with no brushes.

·
Registered
212 Posts
RdRoket said:
Feel better bout the sergery, and no those tracks wont scratch the rimms unless u somehow got SUV rims and even then they need to be really big SUV rimms to scratch. And if youyr so afraid of scrathcing your rimms you know there are probably some car washed that do 100% hand wash no machine.
Habla ingles señor

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Doing it yourself it's way better than taking it to a carwash but it's time consuming but you will be :D with the results when handwashing your car. I do it once a week and still showroom shine 8)

-Ringo

·
Registered
441 Posts
AsianSensation334 said:
Doing it yourself it's way better than taking it to a carwash but it's time consuming but you will be :D with the results when handwashing your car. I do it once a week and still showroom shine 8)

-Ringo
i should hope so, your car is white and its a 2003. Only way it wouldnt have a show room shine is if u washed it with a brillo pad. lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts