Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the owner of the JDM spec HKS Ti-Limited exhuast (shorter than US spec w/ the similar design as the Hiper), the design of Carson's new exhuast makes me think that it's not real from HKS. I've checked HKS' homepage (www.hksusa.com), but found nothing about this, nor any exhuast designs similar to this. Like what the description of the exhuast says on .net store, it is a similar design as the Ltuned. However, the tip of the exhuast seems to be welded on another lip unlike the real JDM Ti-Limited (it has the same badge as my jdm one). Has anyone got this exhust yet? any comments? :-? btw, is it only the tip is made of titanium, or like the real JDM one, which the whole exhuast is made of titanium? I hope this is not anything like Lextacy's "Blitz" eyelid issue. :wink:

·
Registered
474 Posts
It probably isn't advertised on t6he website because it's limited edition. Anyways, the exhaust is basically the L-Tuned exhaust (made by HKS) with a titanium tip, rest is steel. Steve showed me this a while back and I told him i wanted one. then he said what for, you already got ltuned and only difference is the tip and price. needless to say i'm staying with my ltuned. hope i was able to clear it up for you a bit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
They claim approx 8 hp gain. Has this been tested or are they just assuming since it's supposed to be similar to the L-tuned. I'm just wondering how closely they really replicated the L-tuned design.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Silver_02 said:
They claim approx 8 hp gain. Has this been tested or are they just assuming since it's supposed to be similar to the L-tuned. I'm just wondering how closely they really replicated the L-tuned design.
my understanding is that it's very similar to the Ltuned. as in Ltuned with a ti tip. so maybe 99% similar?

·
Premium Member
8,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Enevel12 said:
Silver_02 said:
my understanding is that it's very similar to the Ltuned. as in Ltuned with a ti tip. so maybe 99% similar?
why don't they just put these under TRD exhuast? why use the name of HKS? :(

·
Registered
474 Posts
IS300eR said:
Enevel12 said:
Silver_02 said:
why don't they just put these under TRD exhuast? why use the name of HKS? :(
no clue. it's hard to figure out what is done and why sometimes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.