Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
i like the set up you have now but then agian the carson looks awesome but would it flow with the rest of the car. but i think i would go carson i dont have it so this doesnt really help you

Reactions: Mayo

·
Latex salesman
5,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply and feedback. That's a valid observation. I'm not too concerned about it flowing with the side skirts and I don't plan on changing the rear because of the dual exhaust but it is something to consider. + rep for you. :approve:

·
Registered
565 Posts
i say get it. i think it will flow just damn fine. it will make your car look that much better than it does now, and it just gives you an excuse to boost cuz that big front opening to show off an i/c;)

·
Latex salesman
5,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:lol: There always someone trying to get me to boost. Hell, maybe I just put in an IC just for looks. ;)

·
Premium Member
5,684 Posts
Mayo, I am a big fan of the Carson front. However, I would be concerned though about the fact your sideskirts will be considerably lower than that front. The carson front really is not all that low.

·
Latex salesman
5,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
haha thats what im talkin about! :lol:

but seriously it will look really good on your car. arent they on GB sale right now anyways?
Yes they are. I spoke to Luis yesterday. The front is $569 and the fogs are $349

Mayo, I am a big fan of the Carson front. However, I would be concerned though about the fact your sideskirts will be considerably lower than that front. The carson front really is not all that low.
Hmmm, I didn't know that Phillz. That's another thing to consider. Thanks buddy. That deserves some rep. BTW, how's the project coming?

·
Premium Member
5,684 Posts
Hmmm, I didn't know that Phillz. That's another thing to consider. Thanks buddy. That deserves some rep. BTW, how's the project coming?
No prob!

The project is coming along nicely. We have done all we can ourselves and have now sent the car Accelerated Performance for a few final touches.

The car should be DONE by April easily...

:)

·
Latex salesman
5,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Outstanding! :approve:

·
Latex salesman
5,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Many thanks Will. I did see that thread and I agree, I think it looks great without the fogs. Would you mind taking a measurement for me? I want to compare it to my Vizage sides to see if it will look right based on what Phillz said above.

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
IMO the C-tuned bumper is one the nicest
, meant as unbiased as possible.

i dont think the bumper sits to high, especially with a nice drop. my only complaint of the bumper is how thin and fragile!! the bumper is. what do you need measured?

·
Latex salesman
5,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If you read Phillz' post above, his concern is that my Vizage sides would sit lower than the bumper. I was just looking for a measurement, top to bottom, and compare it to my current set-up (Kaminari front).

As for the construction, I thought I read that Carson fixed that and to be sure they send the "L" brackets for the bottom of the bumper.

Does it also come with the grille? I really like my RMM grille which is also covered it 3M Clearshield.

·
Registered
172 Posts
If you do get the bumper make sure you get all the corners reinforced with fiberglass when you get it painted, that way the corners don't flex and crack the paint.

-Will

Reactions: Mayo

·
Latex salesman
5,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I know that Justin from AAC went with fogs from PIAA.

·
Latex salesman
5,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have the Carson Tuned front without the fogs and I love it. I would go without the fogs since I think the fogs take away the aggressiveness. Here is a link to my thread:

http://my.is/forums/f90/new-front-bumper-348613/#post5175320

-Will
IMO the C-tuned bumper is one the nicest
, meant as unbiased as possible.

i dont think the bumper sits to high, especially with a nice drop. my only complaint of the bumper is how thin and fragile!! the bumper is. what do you need measured?
Gentlemen, thanks so much for the feedback. I looked at both your cars and I must admit, they do look better without the fogs. There is a member who contacted me about selling his. I'll see where that goes.

·
Registered
477 Posts
For the cleanest set up, I would suggest the Carson Front with RMM side skirts. You won't need a rear lip since the side skirts flow well with the stock rear bumper thus helping your dual exhaust setup.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts