Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dont have them yet... but i was wondering how do these things attach?? what do they bolt to? theres nothing on the bumper that could support them
help

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
they come with a bracket....of course, that screws in mostly likely similar to the L-tuned..

PM Flipside909 and ask him how his fit...

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah well carson F'd up last yr when i ordered my front and sides from them.. they send me a set of prototype sides (didnt know, untill they where on the car) the sides were on there way to PA to some shop they said and some how got sent to me.. the body shop didnt know so they worked them on.. im wondering if the front was a prototype aswell.. i couldnt see where these things would bolt to on this paper thin bumper.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
I'm not too sure, but I think the Carson fogs has to be glued/silicone to the bumper. My L-tuned came with brackets & pre-drilled holes as mounting points for the brackets, on the front bumper.

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i figure there should be some mounting holes/points on the bumper itself

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
The CarsonTuned fog light housings are secured to the front bumper using the small tabs at the edges of the front bumper openings (same as the tabs that secure your mesh grill), and you also secure it using silicone glue that comes with the fogs. The housing cups over the opening in the front bumper.

The fog light assembly itself is held and secured in the housing using a screw at the back of the assembly, but you will probably also need to use some silicone glue there to make sure the assembly doesn't wiggle or moved in the housing once installed.

·
Registered
628 Posts
I will be getting this set also next week and I hoped that my bodyshop will not have problem installing them..I better call Gordon to verify all the materials...

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah they werent helpfull to me last yr... i ordered the fogs with the kit.. they said tehy were on back order and they would ship tehm when they come in.. they didnt i called back they said they would ship thme again.. they didnt.. so i gave up for while.. im gonna try again in the spring.. i just wanted to make sure my buimper was the correct one

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
bchau_gt said:
The CarsonTuned fog light housings are secured to the front bumper using the small tabs at the edges of the front bumper openings (same as the tabs that secure your mesh grill), and you also secure it using silicone glue that comes with the fogs. The housing cups over the opening in the front bumper.

The fog light assembly itself is held and secured in the housing using a screw at the back of the assembly, but you will probably also need to use some silicone glue there to make sure the assembly doesn't wiggle or moved in the housing once installed.
Exactly!

...but no silicone required on the fog light screw, they fit in tight!

Digger08

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so they fog and the assembly are two pieces?

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
digger08 said:
Exactly!

...but no silicone required on the fog light screw, they fit in tight!

Digger08
I actually put the silicone around the top edge between where the back of the fog light assembly and the housing meet. My fogs actually wiggled a little in the house so I just made it more secure.

SDLexus said:
Yes, but it comes assembled. Make sure you also get the silicone and two pieces of mesh (1 for each fog assembly).
I don't think mine came assembled, but it's really easy to figure out. The installation of the fog lights is pretty easy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts