Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I need a new front bumper due to accident ASAP. I've been eyeing this kit for a while since it comes pre painted. How's the color matching w/o sending my gas cap. How long is the delivery etc... Any help is appreciated. THX!

·
Registered
703 Posts
MastaK said:
I need a new front bumper due to accident ASAP. I've been eyeing this kit for a while since it comes pre painted. How's the color matching w/o sending my gas cap. How long is the delivery etc... Any help is appreciated. THX!

For 1 the Ltuned kit is no more, meaning not going to get one from a dealer :lol:

Maybe get a Carson Tuned kit is what you are thinking

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I meant Carson Tuned. Sorry about that. Changed the titile :p

·
Threadlocker
8,984 Posts
i'm assuming that you're thinking of buying a prepainted kit?

this isn't really advisable, since there are so many variables in paint. i'm pretty sure if you buy a prepainted kit all they will do is paint it whatever color code, so it will most likely be at least slightly different from your original color. best bet is to buy an unfinished one and get it painted locally.

·
Hello World
3,733 Posts
irv_usc said:

this isn't really advisable, since there are so many variables in paint. i'm pretty sure if you buy a prepainted kit all they will do is paint it whatever color code, so it will most likely be at least slightly different from your original color. best bet is to buy an unfinished one and get it painted locally.
Amen! :bigSmile:

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Thats the truth, i bought a pre painted roof spoiler and it looked way off in bright light, but im getting my full rmm kit painted right now so i through in my roof spoiler as well. Hope they do a nice job :jawDrop: Im def. nervous

·
Premium Member
10,234 Posts
irv_usc said:

I believe you're suppose to send in your gas cover to them so they can match the paint.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
I recently purchased the CarsonTuned kit pre-painted. The color match was great on my car, but mine is black. Black onyx isn't a very difficult color to match since it's not a metallic/pearl paint. So depending on the color of your car, you may or may not want to get it pre-painted.

I posted a few pics here: http://my.is/forums/showthread.php?t=268276

·
Registered
451 Posts
bchau_gt said:
Black onyx isn't a very difficult color to match since it's not a metallic/pearl paint.
From what I've heard, AR also doesn't have metallic/pearl and probably would work out okay.

Good luck ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts