Lexus IS Forum banner

141 - 160 of 330 Posts

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
That fitment is spectacular!

The sides are near perfect where they meet the fender. Your grill gap on the sides looks like a better fit than mine. Looks pretty good around the headlights as well.

I hope mine looks that good when I mount it.

Digger08

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
stupid computer. Sorry dbl post

Digger08

·
Registered
830 Posts
Just wanted to let people know if they haven't noticed... Compared to the original posts in the thread here, the price of the replica lip has dropped to $200 now.

Very tempting... I just don't know how it would look without any other body pieces.

EDIT: Didn't see shipping though, $175 for home address.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Good job Digger... it looks really good!!

Just an update - I have finished the one side and test fitted the the mesh and fog.

For anyone else that is trying to do this, it is difficult to align and angle the fog correctly without the authentic L-Tuned fog brackets. Spend the money and get the right stuff.

Here I have test fitted mesh cut outs with a rubber gasket to simulate the curved L-Tuned trim ring. While not exact - it gives a pretty close appearance. The mesh and gasket is the stuff that comes from Custom Car Grills . com it is the Diamond XXL powder coated gloss black and almost an exact replica of the Sports design front grill - (Thanks to Roswell for sharing). This is a mock up only and still working the angels and straightness.

Here is the ugly! I'm sure I could have gone about this in several different ways - I chose to extend a mounting bolt to the fog, as opposed to trying to design new brackets. I have used some plastic blocks, with special fiberglass epoxy. This will allow me to remove them and they are solid as a rock. I used plastic blocks to give me more surface to grip and then used the structural epoxy to build around the attachment area for extra reinforcement. I do not want to have to pull them off constantly to fix them later.

I have also upgraded my old 9006 HID lights to the new H3C HID fog bulbs in 6000K. These are the smalller HID bulbs that will fit perfectly in this type of housing. The longer ones will start arcing on the top of the fog housing and do not fit very well. I'm sure there is a longevity or brightness trade off, but have never seen a thread on this in the forum before.

Digger08

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
Just wanted to let people know if they haven't noticed... Compared to the original posts in the thread here, the price of the replica lip has dropped to $200 now.

Very tempting... I just don't know how it would look without any other body pieces.

EDIT: Didn't see shipping though, $175 for home address.
Look at toekendee(sp?) thread...carson replica/volk te-37. There is also 02is-gte that posted pics several times in this thread and he only has the bumper. There is also another thread with a blue IS and I believe he only has the bumper for now also.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
i would be more inclined to go with this kit if fogs were easy to find and install.

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Did my test fit today. Here is some pictures.

Its about as I expected.

Once it is covered with Venturesheild, the fogs and mesh will be installed next weekend.

Thanks for looking.

Digger08

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
It looks good, fitment is pretty good also. What happened to the grille, or what grille are you going to use?

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
I had to put it on for the custom venturesheild coverage.
Its too hard to put the film on a static bumper, it needed to be attached to allow him to do his best work.

It comes off tomorrow, for another week or so. Then I will put on all of the stuff and mount it for the rest of the summer.

The grille is a TRD sports, covered to match the carbon lip on the bumper (with Carbon DiNoc)

Digger08

·
Registered
14,829 Posts
Impressive fitment.

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #152
Well a small update.

I was able to grab a genuine Carson Front w/ Fogs :) Broke the wallet but it was sooo worth it.

Getting it painted ASAP

·
Registered
63 Posts
Well a small update.

I was able to grab a genuine Carson Front w/ Fogs :) Broke the wallet but it was sooo worth it.

Getting it painted ASAP
where did u find it? and if u dont mind me asking, how much was it?

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #154
where did u find it? and if u dont mind me asking, how much was it?
Traded a local member on the board for it. My Stock front bumper + TRD lip + Fogs + Cash.

In total this bumper is gonna cost me close to $1500 w/ paint :(

·
Registered
63 Posts
Traded a local member on the board for it. My Stock front bumper + TRD lip + Fogs + Cash.

In total this bumper is gonna cost me close to $1500 w/ paint :(
Looks great tho. It will be well worth it when paint it. :bigSmile:

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #156
Looks great tho. It will be well worth it when paint it. :bigSmile:
Ya I cant wait :) The bumper should be out of the shop by mid next week :)

I cant wait. Now I gotta decide if I wanna run 3000k fogs or stick with my 6000k ones :p

·
Registered
424 Posts
damn i might have to get me one

·
Registered
521 Posts
possibly looking to go the AIT route as well, do some of the other members have more updates regarding tips on fogs, fog fitting, final pics and everything else. It would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
521 Posts
yeah after I just discovered this thread I'm going AIT as well, my only concern is I have Caron foglights will it fit...? anyone has used carson..
from what I understand from this thread is that they should fit but you will have to fabricate your own way to mount the fogs to the AIT replica as it doesn't have the mounting points like the a actual l-tuned bumper. Also some have said that the Carson fog lights are a little smaller and of different design than the actual l-tuned fogs so you might want to consider gettig piaa lights as
they seem to recommended by actual l-tuned owners for the closest look. There's also grill and mesh suggestions as well to complete the overall look.

141 - 160 of 330 Posts