Lexus IS Forum banner
121 - 140 of 330 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
man that looks great from the front, I loved the mesh i got from custom car grilles how much did the gaskets cost you digger?

·
Registered
7,824 Posts
My bumper is all painted and on the car, getting the car back tomorrow as long as things go well. It looks very nice :)

The body shop said the fitment was fairly good minus the small cracks in the bumper (from greyhound shipping it back and forth multiple times and forgetting to unload it :lol:) Anyways, they trimmed a small bit of the bumper for the intercooler piping to fit and its barely noticeable. I'll have pictures soon.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Here I have test fitted mesh cut outs with a rubber gasket to simulate the curved L-Tuned trim ring. While not exact - it gives a pretty close appearance. The mesh and gasket is the stuff that comes from Custom Car Grills . com it is the Diamond XXL powder coated gloss black and almost an exact replica of the Sports design front grill - (Thanks to Roswell for sharing). This is a mock up only and still working the angels and straightness.
Digger08

was wondering what size mesh did you get? 12in x 48in or the 24in x 48in? thanks

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
To fit one car you would just need the 12", and you will still have lots left over for spare.
I shared this with another member (2 cars), and still have left over's with 24 x 48

Digger08

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
I attached the other points today and used "Elevator bolts" these can be found in most Lowes stores.

Just used the epoxy again because the bolts have a flat head and will offer some gabbing area. Once this stuff fully cures ( one week) this puppy is not moving anywhere.

Digger08

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
I use T-88. It is hard to find in Canada.

I sourced it at a local fiberglass repair wholesaler for about 20-30 dollars CND

Here is the box

Here is whats inside a 2 part / hardener and epoxy

Digger08

Reactions: happysmp

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
When did this thread turn into a digger thread! :)
Digger ... this project is amazing. I can't wait to see the results!
Its all I can do........to keep up with you and Albert!

Digger08

·
Registered
713 Posts
Good thread! I just bought the VIS bumper, sides and rear. Ill post some pics of fitment and the end result after paint soon.

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Looks good.

Your grill looks like it fits better than mine.

It does not appear as though you had to cut too much of the bumper away for the inter-cooler.

Digger08

·
Registered
7,824 Posts
Looks good.

Your grill looks like it fits better than mine.

It does not appear as though you had to cut too much of the bumper away for the inter-cooler.

Digger08
Thanks, the grill seems to fit pretty good from what I've looked it. I'll take some more pictures soon and post them up. They didn't actually cut too much for the intercooler piping I was surprised and happy about that. They pretty much rounded the edges a little to get the pipes to clear.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Looks great kaptain86! +Rep!

Thanks Digger08 for the info regarding the epoxy! Wont let me rep you again, but it is much appreciated!

·
Registered
897 Posts
looks good man .. i see you have the AIT Bumper on did you do any mod to make it fit or was it direct fit and paint?

·
Registered
7,824 Posts
looks good man .. i see you have the AIT Bumper on did you do any mod to make it fit or was it direct fit and paint?
I know that the body shop had to cut a little for the intercooler piping to fit, and they fixed the tiny cracks in the bumper. It fit fairly nice after trimming for the intercooler pipes, but as to how much other work was done..I'm not sure

121 - 140 of 330 Posts