Lexus IS Forum banner

41 - 60 of 330 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
but their replica is fiberglass not fpr or pfrp like ait their replica are made out of pfrp
The picture of an Asian supermarket behind the car is a good indicator, this is a JDM Neo bumper type.
The main point of this thread is a USDM fitment (with sidemarkers). The picture also shows a license plate cut out. All point to a NEO type bumper.

Not the same.

Digger08

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
^^Exactly.

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
I think that's what 02IS-GTE has, but no behind pics..lol. I was trying to figure it out using my imagination from kaptains pics...lol

·
Registered
1,008 Posts

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
here's a picture of the rear of my authentic L-Tuned bumper...

it seems as though the replica bumpers are missing a few of the brackets that help to mount the bumper to the underside of the car; but its okay, a bodyshop should be able to fabricate some brackets to help make the bumper more sturdy

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
Do you have a close pic behind the foglight area??

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
^^Possibly..why?lol I'm not paying $1k plus for a bumper. F-that...lol

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
^^^Sweet. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
Well excuse me for loving quality gosh lol
Quality is all good and I'm all for that, but body mods for a daily driver I could never justify spending alot of money. Wheels, boost, suspension...YES, bumpers...ehhh NO...lol. I got into an argument yesterday with some dude who backed up on my front STOCK bumper, could you imagine if I had a real NEO...pshhh:uzi:

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Do you have any pictures of your install? Also how did you attach the foglights? Which ones did you go with, L-tuned or Carson?

Thanks!
Carson fogs will not fit.

You would have to modify the shit out of the housing. Carson fogs are fitted by an entire fabricated peice that slides over the entire opening. As the L-tuned is circular, right away you will have a problem with the winged end. The fog light then slides into tube and is supported by this tube. Carson fogs do not come with mounting brackets.
Carson fogs are also not perfectly round and fit on an angle.

Digger08

·
Registered
943 Posts
Thanks Digger! +rep

As I understand it, the above font bumper is the VIS replica which includes the Fog light "cups?"

Also does the bumper come with the mesh grill inserts?

41 - 60 of 330 Posts