Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just want you all to know that carsdirect.com has dropped price on the is300 for the NJ aread at least.
they priced me $2300 under MSRP.
use area codes 08854,08034 if you don't believe me

·
2,909 Posts
HOLY SH*#!!!!!

Thats very helpful, I got a lower quote that before using my zipcode.

THANKS!!!
Maybe I'll purchase my car before Nov. as I previously planned.

·
Registered
10 Posts
That's just Cars Direct. You still have to find a dealer willing to sell for that price. Cars Direct is not a dealership and they still have to be able to get you that price. Most dealers aren't willing to discount that much. If anyone is looking for this car now, I work for a very very large dealer in FL. I have them in stock and coming in in any option/color you want. For a real price quote on a real car you can buy now, let me know. I'm not allowed (by Lexus) to disclose prices on this post, but if you're interested, I'll be sure to help you.

[email protected]

·
Registered
5,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i think carsdirect is a dealer. I've seen carsdirect trucks driving around campus dropping off cars to various ppl. I think the price they quote you is pretty much set........... I never bought a car from them, so i'm not sure. However i do have friends that used the printout from carsdirect.com to a dealer to match price sucessfully. that's just my experience. you guys may also want to try autobytel.com that just lists you as being interested in the car and the dealer with the lowest price will contact you.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Okay Mr. Car Guy, sure, Cars Direct quotes prices they can't fulfill! That's the ticket. Let's be realistic and fair to your competition. It's insulting to the prospect when you act like a libelant.

Originally posted by I_SELL_LEXUS:
That's just Cars Direct. You still have to find a dealer willing to sell for that price. Cars Direct is not a dealership and they still have to be able to get you that price. Most dealers aren't willing to discount that much. If anyone is looking for this car now, I work for a very very large dealer in FL. I have them in stock and coming in in any option/color you want. For a real price quote on a real car you can buy now, let me know. I'm not allowed (by Lexus) to disclose prices on this post, but if you're interested, I'll be sure to help you.

[email protected]

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
carsdirect is not EXACTLY a dealer, it depends on what brand you're buying. i think they do get some of their cars straigth from the factory(correct me if i'm wrong) but i know with other cars(here comes bmw...you knew it had to happen) they look fora car with specs taht match those you requested and try to get that dealership to deal for a certain price. however if they quote you a price i've never heard of them not being able to get it

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
http://www.carsdirect.com/index.asp?goToPage=thecompany

CarsDirect.com Network
CarsDirect.com is building a nationwide network of preferred dealers, representing every major automobile manufacturer.
http://priority.carsdirect.com/info/faq.asp
(This is a FAQ telling DEALERS about the program)...

What does it cost a dealer to join the program?

There are no fees or charges for signing up and staying on the program. Your obligation for participating in our
Priority Partners Network is to respond to our phone calls in a timely and efficient manner and help us locate the
desired vehicle as quickly as possible.

How many dealers do you currently work with?

Currently, we have approximately 2500 dealers nationwide who participate in our program.

Are there other dealers in my area that you already work with?

There may, in fact, be other dealers in your region with whom we do business. Inventory and availability fluctuate
significantly at the dealership level. In order to maintain a high standard of customer satisfaction, we may have more
than one dealership of a given make in the program in a metro area.

Will dealers ever be able to have exclusive or preferred territories?

Exclusive or preferred territories are not assigned within the Priority Partners Network. Volume is a direct function of
that dealer's continued impeccable customer service record, inventory and pricing. Performance makes the difference.

How do you establish your pricing?

Our pricing is determined regionally from the information that is gathered through industry data, dealer feedback, our
sales history, market evaluation and analysis of available inventory and consumer demand.

I have priced a few vehicles on your site that we carry and, on occasion, your price was too low? How do you
handle such situations?

We consistently review our prices and make adjustments daily as market conditions dictate. You are under no
obligation to sell any vehicle until you and CarsDirect.com have agreed on the price.

(etc, etc).

Basically they (carsdirect) quote a price that they ~think~ a dealer has agreed to support. You (as a customer) will get referred to that dealership, and could (possibly) get turned down for the deal. If you then complained to carsdirect that the price was not valid they would go back and renegotiate with the dealer.

·
Registered
178 Posts
isn't there some rule about posting ads like this one.. don't want to rain on you party but you might be setting a dangerous precedent... if i'm the only one who takes issue with this then ignore me...

=)

Originally posted by I_SELL_LEXUS:

[email protected]

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sites like carsdirect.com, carorder.com, autobytel.com . . . . these are all great sites to use. Some of these companies act as "brokers", negotiating the deal for you and then purchasing the car from the dealer and selling it to you. Some of these sites act just as "middle-men" and do all the negoations for you, you just then have to pick up the car from the dealer.

They make their money either by a referral fee from the selling dealer, other companies advertising on their website, etc.

They are a great service for someone who just does not like going to car dealers. They are a great service to try to get the best possible price. Depending on the make and model car you buy, sometimes they will have the best deal, sometimes the dealer will have the best deal. Car dealers always make the lowest prices available when the buyer is in the dealer or when the buyer is one the phone or internet with that dealer specifically (if in another region). All in all, you still can't beat the personal touch and service from the dealers themselves especially the Lexus dealers.

I have nothing against carsdirect or carorder (we do business with both of them).

Thanks,

David

[email protected]

·
Registered
343 Posts
I don't think carorder.com is doing that great:

carOrder.com has decided to suspend our retail Web site activities as of today, August 18, 2000 in order to execute on our mission to leverage cutting-edge technology in the operation of dealerships.

We are not accepting new orders at the present time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
try greenlight.com. I just ordered mine in the LA area (zip 91801) $1000 over invoice + $500 shipping & delivery charge. all their options are @ invoice also I think.

my total is $30899 w/ sunroof and upgraded leather & LSD + tax & reg.

Is this a good deal???????

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I tried greenlight - wow, for my zip they offered a whomping $0 off MSRP. Oh well, guess I'll have to settle for $1800 off MSRP on a MSM IS (no graphite or lux) from my local dealer (wasn't easy)...Picking it up on Thursday.

considering 35% tint, red caliper paint and scotch cal/stoneguard.

Still no other PA owners?

------------------
cardinal

·
Registered
478 Posts
Summerboy,

You got a great deal!
I priced Greenlight.com as well, Last week,I configured my car for the Orange Co (92841) area and got a price of $31,092(base[27892] +Leather[1705] +sunroof[1000]+destination[495]). I should have JUMPED on the price. Today, that same configuration is $32892. I could have saved $1800. That would have been $2600 off MSRP[33700].

I snoozed and lost...

Hopefully another deal will appear...soon?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
About this Discussion
20 Replies
14 Participants
Pimpee
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing