Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to Carlsbad Raceway this weekend. My co-workers are coming:
2003 V-6 Accord 6-spd (supposedly drop in filter and race pipe)
2003 Acura RSX-S (supposedly AEM intake and just a race pipe)
2003 V-6 5-speed manual Stratus SE (AEM Intake)
My IS300 E-Shift (Pro-1 Header, Xerd Race Pipe, Greddy Evo, Knock off PLP Intake Pipe, Blitz drop in)

NE1 interested in going, the track opens @ 11am. I'm in the white IS300.

Let you know what happens.
Will be bringing along my race pipe that came with the Pro-1 header to swap out, also a can of 100 octane 76..

PS. My friend is gonna bring his Ducati, like I'm running against that. This is just to get a timeslip. Due to financial problems, I can't have an SRT by Saturday. Thanks for being understanding SophieSleeps.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The best run I got today was 15.1, I ran 7 times 4 of the times I was up against a Mazdaspeed Protege turbo, he beat me everytime but I was there to get timeslips.

My times were in the following order: 15.37, 15.54, 15.17, 15.23, 15.39, 15.37, 15.69. The last run was @ 2:35pm. I was going to let the car cool down, swap out the XERD race pipe and replace with the Race Pipe that came with the PRO-1 header, but for some reason the middle bolt on the header to racepipe connection would not budge. I didn't want to force it and sure didn't want to break it there in the pit. The last run, 15.69, I forgot to disengage the TRAC.

V-6 Accord (6-speed) 14.8
RSX-S 15.2
Stratus (no show)
Ducati (couldn't race, they wanted him to have race boots?)

Overall I had fun. I was hoping to break the 15.00 but I need some practice with reaction time. In reaction time, I was all over the place.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
hey whats up dude, im going to be at carlsbad this saturday also, but i am not taking my car. I will be in my friends E46 M3. Msg me so we can meet up or somethin..

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I might be headed out this Saturday also on 11/15 if I can get the TRD LSD installed in time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts