Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the one the dealers around here sell, though not from them. It has instructions and dimensions specific to the IS, and is extremely easy to install. It holds items sandwiched in a net bag stretched from one side of the back of the trunk opening to the other. It attaches with included parts to a couple of liner hold-down holes at the top, and via snaps to two chrome tie-down hoops in your standard trunk at the bottom.

So far it's nice to keep smaller items from flying around the trunk. It does block some of the height dimension of the trunk opening, and therefore full access to the deeper portions of the trunk, but not overly so. I like it.

Lexus sells cargo nets for all its vehicles, but my wife saw a product in one of the hoighty-toighty mail order catalogs for a "tub" custom fit to some vehicles' trunks, made from plastic and with sides maybe 3" high... Anyone aware of a source for these for an RX300?

Thanks.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At a Lexus dealer who advertised them on the net somewhere. No tax and no shipping, and the price was a little better. Sorry, but I don't remember the site. Perhaps a Web search, or even a search of this site might reveal it. Sorry.

card, in the interests of fairness, I just had to toast you a bit in your "Minivans" post and you deserve the chance to answer...

·
Registered
626 Posts
Cardman lighten it up here. You are the link man. You have the internet down. GEEZ.

I tried the link all it did was bring up pix, how to order?

Are you getting one? What about the spoiler did you get that yet?

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Originally posted by ISFAN:

I tried the link all it did was bring up pix, how to order?

Are you getting one? What about the spoiler did you get that yet?
FanMan, Like, peel back the URL, dude! That's geek speak for erasing the last part of the URL. Like this:

http://www.irontoad.com/l_home.htm

I plan on getting the cargo net so that my car wash supplies don't slide around when I'm cornering like a race car on the way home

As for the spoiler, I still want one but I hate the fact that the dealers are putting ones on that have a third brake light without disconnecting the real brake light so you have two brake lights. To me that is tacky.

[This message has been edited by cardinal_creek (edited October 19, 2000).]

·
Registered
626 Posts
Well as you can tell I am not that great at computers. I just now how to get in and play around. All this link crap and posting pictures, I have no clue.

I would love to post pictures but have no idea where to start. yeah I saw the how to in the forum but that is all greek to me.

Maybe I can get your address and send you some photos snail mail. Oh but then I will know where you and Ms. Card live and haunt you.

Hey is it cold up there? Just wondering, beatuiful and sunny down here. Humm, nice night, took a walk with the kiddies.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Yeah, I know how to email
. Hey I me and waiting4mine have been chatten with the email.

I am helping him with his claim. He is insured with my company. Lucky ay.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
6 Participants
ISFAN
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing