Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys use? If I use those leather care cream, then it will fill up those tiny holes on the surface. What to do?

·
Registered
277 Posts
You might get blasted by some people for not doing a search. Not that it really matters. I have heard some people use Lexol but I use the cleaner/conditioner from the dealership. No doubt overpriced at about $15 each but if it's what they recommend why use anything else.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Yeah the search does not help me either in regards to ecsaine care. So (with fear of getting flamed and blasted) is there an alternate brand to use on my ecsaine cuz I will be cleaning it alot due to child passengers.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I normally used LEXOL on leather. If the leather need to be clean, use LEXOL cleaner follow with LEXOL conditioner. Leather on my car looked as good as new after 3 yrs. About the perforated holes, I don't think it is an issue with LEXOL conditioner. You can buy LEXOL products from PEPBOY (so far this is the only place I can find Lexol around here in Dallas, btw they sold out this stuff very quick too).

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
FYI: Ecsaine is sold under the trademark Ultrasuede and is 60% polyester and 40% non-fibrous polyurethane (which should give you an idea of how to care for it).

Care instructions: http://www.ultrasuede.com/care/

rllis300 said:
Yeah the search does not help me either in regards to ecsaine care. So (with fear of getting flamed and blasted) is there an alternate brand to use on my ecsaine cuz I will be cleaning it alot due to child passengers.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi Pixmation! youre frm d mbworld forum right??? nice to see ya here.
getting the leather conditioner cream to your seat holes wont hurt, coz once it dries up. itll disappear in an hour or so. If you have escaine, simply wipe off excess conditioners that end up on it.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I use Meguiar's

I just got my IS300 a week ago and I've started using Meguiar's Leather Wipes. (dont know if I spelled the brandname correctly). After using the wipes, I follow-through with a clean terry cloth to remove excess conditioner/cream and luster. I dont want it too shiny.

'hope this helps.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you all. Yeah, I saw the leather wipe ad in a magazine.

bruno787 said:
Hi Pixmation! youre frm d mbworld forum right??? nice to see ya here.
Yep, the one and only. :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts